Don’t think you like whisky? I wasn’t crazy about it, either, until after our first visit to Scotland. Drinking the national drink in the place that it was made gave me a new appreciation for the wide range of subtle flavors in good whisky. Since then, my love of whiskey has expanded to other types […]
Tag Archives | whiskey
Edinburgh is one of my favorite European cities. Its casual elegance and easy going attitude make it an easy place to spend a few days. The scale of the city makes it very walkable and not overwhelming like larger cities that we have been to. The Edinburgh Royal Mile is divided into a number of […]
The selection of whiskey available in a gas station in Scotland is bigger than many liquor stores here in the USA. I don’t care what most women think. Whiskey is not just for the boys. In all honesty, I didn’t drink whiskey before our first trip to Scotland. I also had no idea at the […]
Can a garden help you understand the principles of good and evil, heaven and hell and other similarly deep subjects such as the very meaning and nature of the universe? It can if it is the remarkable Garden of Cosmic Speculation. The garden has been Built by Charles Jencks in honor of his late wife Maggie. Jencks […]
If you are interested in Irish whiskey and you are in Dublin, your first stop should be to the Celtic Whiskey Shop at 27-28 Dawson Street. This is a great place to learn a little bit about Irish whiskey, perhaps taste a sample or two and pick up some souvenirs from their wide selection of […]
Beautiful, rugged scenery…check. Fish and chips….check. Great whiskey….check. Leprachauns….check. Can you guess where we are heading next? St Patricks Day in Ireland here we come! It looks like we might be unexpectedly spending St Patricks Day in Ireland in a couple of weeks (the fact that I can suddenly find myself in the midst of […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...