A modern city with deep roots, Singapore really does have something of interest for everyone! Nature, shopping, kids activities, amazing adventures…take your pick! Here are some suggestions to get you started. Shopping: Orchard Road started its incarnation as a center for shopping activity in Singapore in 1903. Now one of the cities main shopping and […]
Tag Archives | temple
This temple looked older than time itself. It was slowly deteriorating, and it looked like the moss growing all over it might have been playing a role in holding it together. Quiet hung around the ancient monument like a child hanging on its mother’s skirts. The atmosphere in this off the beaten path temple in […]
I found the sincerity of the offerings that we saw being made at the temples that we visited around Thailand to be refreshing. It was clearly evident that the majority of the people who were there to worship at the temple in Thailand felt a deep connected to their faith. They had taken time out […]
The giant bells fascinated me at this temple in Thailand. What a beautiful way to announce your prayers! We saw bells like these at a number of different Buddhist temples around the country. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly how these are used in Buddhist practice?
This photo was taken while exploring a temple in Tokyo. It was nestled among a group of tall office buildings. This is one of the aspects of Tokyo that I found so fascinating…that you could be walking in the middle of an urban jungle and suddenly find yourself in the midst of the quiet, peaceful oasis of […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...