The abundance of rain that falls on the Highlands of Scotland does have a upside. Lots and lots of rainbows. This photo was taken while we were driving around the Highlands near Fort William. The clouds parted and the sun came out for just long enough for us to snap this photo. If you have […]
Tag Archives | scotland
Ah, the ubiquitous red telephone booth. It is such a well known symbol of all that is Brittish. You never have to worry about being far from a phone in the UK. You can be well connected even out here, on the western edge of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands on the Isle of Skye, where we […]
The grease seeped tantalizingly through the paper wrapper as I unwrapped my precious bundle like a child on Christmas morning. I had been waiting for months, trying to hold back my excitement and now the moment was finally here. I impatiently bit into the too hot piece of fish, sinking my teeth into the firm […]
The selection of whiskey available in a gas station in Scotland is bigger than many liquor stores here in the USA. I don’t care what most women think. Whiskey is not just for the boys. In all honesty, I didn’t drink whiskey before our first trip to Scotland. I also had no idea at the […]
There is a slight chance, if all of the planets align properly and the standby travel angels are looking over us, that we might get to go somewhere really cool for New Year’s Eve this year. Hogmanay in Edinburgh, Scotland. The planets did not align properly last New Year’s Eve (and I think the standby […]
Can a garden help you understand the principles of good and evil, heaven and hell and other similarly deep subjects such as the very meaning and nature of the universe? It can if it is the remarkable Garden of Cosmic Speculation. The garden has been Built by Charles Jencks in honor of his late wife Maggie. Jencks […]
Loch Shiel is a beautiful valley located in the highlands of Scotland. It was here in 1745 that Bonnie Prince Charlie (the last Scottish Prince) raised his standard in an effort to unite the Jacobites to try to retake the throne of Scotland from English control. The Jacobites were defeated at the battle of Culloden, […]
The thistle is the national flower of Scotland, and the sheep were everywhere on the Isle of Skye in the Scottish highlands. This photo was captured along the side of the road as we were riving around the Isle of Skye.
Scotland’s real crown jewels aren’t encased deep inside Edinburgh Castle …they are located further west, on an Isle that makes you feel like you are on another world entirely. No place yet has captured my heart and soul the way that the wondrous land of Scotland has, and the Isle of Skye is arguably one […]
I visited the Contented Cow the other night. It is our local British pub, and the next best thing to being at a pub in the United Kingdom. I had a great time, and it gt me reminiscing about the great pubs that we visited on our trip to the UK in June of 2011. […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...