I am very proud of my “hole in the wall” radar, that finely honed sense that sets alarm bells blaring in my head when we run across one of those great, off the beaten path sorts of places. You know which ones I am talking about – those places that have been there forever and are […]
Tag Archives | restaurant
Yellow Dog Eats was a welcome respite after driving past miles upon miles of generic, tasteless tourist traps. I had yet to see a restaurant in the Orlando area that really looked like it has something worthwhile to eat. The restaurant is built in a 100 year old general store. It was out in the […]
The holy grail of travel off the beaten path (for me, anyways): finding that local restaurant where they are serving great, cheap local cuisine with no tourists to be found. I am talking about the type of restaurant that is one big adventure, because no one speaks English, and there might not be a menu […]
Graceful and relaxing. These are the first words that come into my mind when I think about dining in the Tamarind Restaurant on the Holland America Eurodam. Dining in the Tamarind is not just a meal but an experience to be savored next time you are on one of Holland America’s Signature Class ships! Our […]
This post is brought to you by Accommodation.com Sydney is home to many lovely places for enjoying an awe-inspiring view whilst munching happily away on delicious morsels. Our team at Accommodation.com have thoroughly scoured the city to recommend five great places you must visit. Romantics and sight-seers in particular, will also be captivated by each venue’s […]
1) Take a break immediately upon arrival. This piece of advice from the Wandering Earl Blog is brilliant. Sit. Chill. Have some coffee at a cafe in the airport. Instead of running, exhausted and flustered, for the first train you see, sit down, relax and make a plan. 2) Ask your taxi driver where to eat. […]
Tokyo has been slightly intimidating. No, change that. Tokyo has been very intimidating. We have been managing, but nothing seems to be easy. It has been testing all of our foreign travel skills much moreso than our previous travels to Europe or even to Thailand have (Thailand was very westernized in many ways, and EVERYTHING […]
I love fish and chips. I crave them at odd moments when I am not expecting it. The thought of that greasy, salty goodness makes me salivate. I have yet to find fish and chips here in the US that measures up to what we have had across the pond, so seeking out the best […]
After a heaping helping of greasy wonderfulness in the form of the “best fish and chips in Ireland” yesterday, I found myself needing intake of a vegetable other than a potato. I found what I was looking for in the form of the Mongolian Barbecue, centrally located in the Temple Bar area of Dublin. For […]
Since we arrived in Chiang Dao, we have been staying at Chiang Dao Nest I then II, both of which have lovely restuarants, so we really have not had to venture too far off the beaten path Thailand as far as food is concerned. We are always striving for authentic culinary experiences while traveling. This consideration, coupled […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...