The fish market in Bergen Norway is a feast for the senses. The briny smell of the water from the North sea mingling with the pungent smell of fresh fish. The creamy taste of homemade fish soup mixing with the smell of fresh grilled salmon, cooked to order (for the right price, you could have […]
Tag Archives | norway
Normally the words “Norway” and “budget” don’t play very well together. Norway is well known to be on the the most expensive countries in the world. We were not sure how our budget would fare during our one day visit to Alesund Norway. With a little leg work, we spent an entire day in Alesund […]
XZAS8RYG6DBB This photo of Norway was taken while on a hike just above the town of Geirangerfjord that took us to one of the most spectacular waterfalls that I had ever seen! Storsæterfossen waterfall outside of Geirangerfjord is unique in that you can walk behind it. The somewhat strenuous hike kept those on the tour […]
A cruise is the BEST way to see Norway! Being on the water gives you a completely different perspective of the grandeur of the Fjords in Norway. This photo was taken from the front of the Holland America Eurodam as we were leaving Geiranger Fjord. The weather had been cloudy all day, and the sun […]
We will be going to Norway in less than a week! To get you in the spirit for all of the great writing that I am going to do while I am there, check out these travel blogs with the skinny about going to Norway: from Bohemian Trails Delicious Foods From Norway Neighborhood Guide to Oslo […]
Norway, here we come! Photo by Percita http://www.flickr.com/photos/dittmars/439691874/ Norway, a land of beautiful fjords and epic scenery. A land filled with lots of snow and pure, clean water. A land that I considered too expensive until we got an incredible deal on a seven day cruise to Norway in August. Norway, here we come! Sleeping and […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...