When a coworker told me that I could rent a Gypsy caravan, complete with horse and use it to explore the Irish countryside I really thought that she was joking at first. After a Google search, I saw that she was telling me the honest to gosh truth, and the idea fascinated me. I love […]Pin It
Tag Archives | ireland
“Did she really just say that Fairies would roll our car up a hill?” I asked my husband as we walked away, detailed directions in hand for a pleasant afternoon of driving through the Northern Ireland countryside. The friendly woman at the tourist information office had sketched out a route that would take us to […]Pin It
Happy Easter (or happiest of Springs and merry Notsnowday for those here in the North and for those who are not into Easter). Here is a springtime photo for you to enjoy. Spring flowers in front of St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin
Looking for ideas of What to do in Dublin ? Consider a trip to Johnnie Fox’s Pub for its famous Hooley Night. What is a Hooley night, you might be wondering? At Johnnie Fox’s, Hooley night means a showcase of the best of Irish culture, including great local food, toe tapping Irish music and Irish dancing […]
The biggest question since I got back has obviously been, “How was St. Patricks Day in Ireland?” I am not wanting to disappoint anyone, but we discovered that St Patricks Day in Ireland is celebrated very differently than we celebrate St Particks Day in the United States. We chose to forego spending St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin […]Pin It
The Most Famous Cliffs in Ireland : We took a drive across the country from Dublin to visit the most famous cliffs in Ireland - the Cliffs of Moher. They are located on the western side of Ireland, about 2 hours from Dublin. Even on a rainy, foggy day, the cliffs were spectacular! The layers […]Pin It
Score for day one: Us 3, Dublin 1. All in all, things are going pretty well. We scored 3 goals today; making it successfully to the hotel in record time AND getting checked in and into Dublin in time to do some sightseeing this afternoon. We also scored a lunch of fish and chips from […]Pin It
Are you looking for suggestions about what to do in Dublin ? I have a great one. I can point you in the direction of the very best tour in Dublin. Hands down, the most entertaining, enjoyable tour in Dublin (and one of the best tours that we have ever been on anywhere, for that matter): Viking Splash […]Pin It
A beautiful castle seen while driving in the Irish countryside. Ireland is a country full of ancient ruins dotting the sides of the roads. You don’t have to drive very long before finding a castle to explore in private, as many of them have very little tourist traffic.
Our first impressions of Ireland came through two days to see the sights in Dublin. Dublin is a vibrant European city that is still small enough to give a sense of reassuring familiarity after a day or two. More laid back feeling than Edinburgh or London, Dublin’s small scale and the incredibly friendly people there […]
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
- What to Do in Minneapolis With Kids: Play with Legos at Brickmania!
- Things to do in Chicago: Stones From All Over The World
- Things to do in St Paul: A Blast From the Past-Lynden’s Soda Fountain
- Valentines Day Ideas in the Twin Cities-2014
Looking for Something?
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! July 11, 2014
- Do You Want your Travel Experience From an Eye Dropper or a Bucket? June 10, 2014
- Nice is nice! Escaping on a French Holiday! June 7, 2014
- Markets of the World: Columbia Road Flower Market in London April 15, 2014
- Markets of the World: Mercado Hidalgo, Tijuana Mexico April 2, 2014
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Great post! Traveling is like nothing else you can...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] tip if you go; make sure to check out th...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] highlights of a visit to the Isle of Sky...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] Chiang Dao Nest is the place to stay if ...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] an even more impressive and memorable vi...