France can be expensive, but Nice can be a budget travel oasis in an otherwise expensive country for thirsty, cash strapped travelers. There are a lot of great things to do in Nice France even if your budget is a little slim! Here are some budget travel tidbits that I picked up while traveling in Nice […]
Tag Archives | france
Different. Not better or worse, but traveling with baby is definitely different. We trudged from the airport weighted down with all of our bags, the baby in his pouch on my chest because the stroller was being used to portage our caravan of accouterments, extra suitcases of baby food and other supplies and a car […]
We used to do busy trips. You know exactly the kind that I am talking about. When there is just so much that you HAVE to see, and so little time to see it in that you cram your schedule full from morning until night so that you don’t feel like anything was left out. […]
France is whispering in my ear. “Come, Mon Cherie, visit me please? It has been too long since you enjoyed my fine wines, luscious foods and excellent pastries“. Really, I am spoiled. It has been too long. It has been two years since our last international adventure. Pregnancy, then baby took its toll on my […]
So, silly me. I thought that Gustave Eiffel’s only masterpiece was that crazy pointed tower in Paris! I discovered this summer that I was so wrong! Mr. Eiffel was a busy bee, and he designed structures in countries all around the world. In addition to having his fingers in the design of a certain well […]
I got the same reaction from a number of stunned co-workers. “What?!?! You are renting a car and driving in France? Are you crazy!” Apparently, the European reputation for being crazy, fast aggressive drivers had reached the awareness of my colleagues. Their reactions were not particularly helpful to me. I was already a little nervous about driving […]
Little, picturesque, medieval villages dot the countryside in the South of France like jewels in a crown. This photo was taken in Entrechaux, France, after an exhilarating bicycle adventure. Because these villages in the Cote du Rhone region of France are not well connected by public transit (you really need to have a car), they are relatively light on […]
Travel in Focus is a monthly feature highlighting the best travel tips and suggestions for a particular place from around the web. Check out the internet’s best travel writing about Places to Visit in Paris to help you plan your trip! Paris Focused Blogs Hip Paris Blog: Tips and insights about touring, renting and living […]
Most of the time, I hear people talking about going into “culture shock” when they arrive in a foreign country. For me, when I left France, the culture shock that I experienced was the shock of returning to the United States. There are so many things here now that never really irritated me before, but […]
Ah, the beautiful coast line of the south of France on the Mediterranean ocean! Perpetually blue water that looks to good to be true, kissing endless miles of beautiful beaches and dramatic coastline. This looks even more inviting now than it did when I was visiting France in July (the cold weather is just setting in here […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...