Glastonbury Abbey is the site of a spectacular set of ruins of an ancient 12th century monastery. Located in south west England, Glastonbury Abbey was an extremely worthy afternoon excursion. Walking through the ruins of the ancient monastery makes you feel like you have stepped into another time, and they are filled with incredible photo […]
Tag Archives | england
Glastonbury Tor in south west England is a magical and beautiful place. Myths and legends surround it…some say it is the entrance to the fabled Isle of Avalon, and that it is tied closely with the legends of King Arthur and the Holy Grail. Even if none of that holds any interest for you, the […]
When a coworker told me that I could rent a Gypsy caravan, complete with horse and use it to explore the Irish countryside I really thought that she was joking at first. After a Google search, I saw that she was telling me the honest to gosh truth, and the idea fascinated me. I love […]
I visited the Contented Cow the other night. It is our local British pub, and the next best thing to being at a pub in the United Kingdom. I had a great time, and it gt me reminiscing about the great pubs that we visited on our trip to the UK in June of 2011. […]
A suggestion for inexpensive dining in the UK, the Harvester restaurant serves hearty fare at reasonable prices.
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...