Travel in Focus is a monthly feature highlighting the best travel tips and suggestions for a particular place from around the web. Check out the internet’s best travel writing about Dublin to help you plan your trip! What to See in Dublin: A Magical Ride on Dublin’s Storytelling Bus from World Wide Writer Dublin, A Unesco […]Pin It
Tag Archives | dublin
I love fish and chips. I crave them at odd moments when I am not expecting it. The thought of that greasy, salty goodness makes me salivate. I have yet to find fish and chips here in the US that measures up to what we have had across the pond, so seeking out the best […]Pin It
If you are interested in Irish whiskey and you are in Dublin, your first stop should be to the Celtic Whiskey Shop at 27-28 Dawson Street. This is a great place to learn a little bit about Irish whiskey, perhaps taste a sample or two and pick up some souvenirs from their wide selection of […]Pin It
Looking for ideas of What to do in Dublin ? Consider a trip to Johnnie Fox’s Pub for its famous Hooley Night. What is a Hooley night, you might be wondering? At Johnnie Fox’s, Hooley night means a showcase of the best of Irish culture, including great local food, toe tapping Irish music and Irish dancing […]
Score for day one: Us 3, Dublin 1. All in all, things are going pretty well. We scored 3 goals today; making it successfully to the hotel in record time AND getting checked in and into Dublin in time to do some sightseeing this afternoon. We also scored a lunch of fish and chips from […]Pin It
Are you looking for suggestions about what to do in Dublin ? I have a great one. I can point you in the direction of the very best tour in Dublin. Hands down, the most entertaining, enjoyable tour in Dublin (and one of the best tours that we have ever been on anywhere, for that matter): Viking Splash […]Pin It
After a heaping helping of greasy wonderfulness in the form of the “best fish and chips in Ireland” yesterday, I found myself needing intake of a vegetable other than a potato. I found what I was looking for in the form of the Mongolian Barbecue, centrally located in the Temple Bar area of Dublin. For […]Pin It
Our first impressions of Ireland came through two days to see the sights in Dublin. Dublin is a vibrant European city that is still small enough to give a sense of reassuring familiarity after a day or two. More laid back feeling than Edinburgh or London, Dublin’s small scale and the incredibly friendly people there […]
Beautiful, rugged scenery…check. Fish and chips….check. Great whiskey….check. Leprachauns….check. Can you guess where we are heading next? St Patricks Day in Ireland here we come! It looks like we might be unexpectedly spending St Patricks Day in Ireland in a couple of weeks (the fact that I can suddenly find myself in the midst of […]Pin It
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- One of the Best Hole In the Wall Restaurants in St Louis!
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Iconic Landmarks and Endless Possibilities: Experience Joie de Vivre in France February 9, 2016
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: A Cheap Day Trip January 28, 2016
- Our Iceland Road Trip Tour Wishlist: Getting on and off the beaten path October 28, 2015
- Travel Inspiration: Seeing Your Home Country with a Whole New Perspective October 11, 2015
- California Travel Guide July 17, 2015
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Sign me up for a visit to the market and some loca...
- Claudia: Hats off to you for being able to do that. My cous...
- Corey Hamilton: Interesting article Shanna! I am planning a trip b...
- Things to do in Nice France on a Budget - There and Back Again: […] are many cities that are easy to access ...
- United Yacht: This is a goal for my hubby and 2 kids. We want to...