We very much enjoyed out recent Caribbean cruise on the MS Nieuw Amsterdam (we have always enjoyed our Holland America cruise experiences.) As the review below will explain, we had a lovely, relaxed, laid back cruise experience with great days at the beach and in San Juan! Some background: On this cruise, we were a […]
Tag Archives | cruise
A co worker asked me today, “So, who is watching your kids when you go on your cruise?” I replied that we were taking kids on cruise, and her immediate repsonse was, “Why? That isn’t going to be much of a vacation!” I was very confused about her response. I thought about it for a […]
We learned a lot about baby cruising on our recent Holland America cruise to the Caribbean! Here are our most important lessons: Avoid the buffet: This seems completely counter intuitive, I know. It seems like the buffet would be an ideal place to dine with little ones, expesically compared to a long, sit down breakfast […]
Just because you are on a cruise doesn’t mean that you are doomed to gain multiple pant sizes by the time that you return! Here are some cruise tips that will help you upon your return to fit into the same clothes that you left in: Take the stairs! In many cases, it will be […]
The debate over whether fixed time dining or anytime dining are better is a continual debate on cruise forums. One quickly finds out that most people are firmly on one side or the other when it comes to this monumental issue. For those that are still undecided, I offer you some pros and cons for […]
Normally the words “Norway” and “budget” don’t play very well together. Norway is well known to be on the the most expensive countries in the world. We were not sure how our budget would fare during our one day visit to Alesund Norway. With a little leg work, we spent an entire day in Alesund […]
Holland America’s “An Evening at Le Cirque” is inspired by the famed Le Cirque Restaurant in New York City, a culinary institution well known for innovative menus featuring surprising, well prepared cuisine. One night each cruise, the Pinnacle Grill is transformed with fanciful plates and table decorations which help set the mood for the meal. […]
If you want to experience the full scope of Holland America’s outstanding culinary offerings, you need to make space in your cruise for an evening out in the Pinnacle Grill. The Pinnacle Grill is Holland America Line’s take on classic, fine dining. Prime cuts of beef, succulent fish and chops are served with graceful, attentive […]
A cruise is the BEST way to see Norway! Being on the water gives you a completely different perspective of the grandeur of the Fjords in Norway. This photo was taken from the front of the Holland America Eurodam as we were leaving Geiranger Fjord. The weather had been cloudy all day, and the sun […]
We have been having a great time on our Holland America cruise checking out the sights of Norway this last week! Here are come great reasons to book HAL cruises for your next cruise getaway: 1) Mind blowing itineraries: HAL Cruises ships visit dozens of countries across six continents. Have you always wanted to visit Russia? Holland […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...