The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a stirring and inspiring display of the best of Scotland’s history and culture, and it is a must see if you are planning a visit to Edinburgh in the summer time. I would even go as far as to suggest that it is well worth planning your whole trip around, […]
Tag Archives | castle
Edinburgh is one of my favorite European cities. Its casual elegance and easy going attitude make it an easy place to spend a few days. The scale of the city makes it very walkable and not overwhelming like larger cities that we have been to. The Edinburgh Royal Mile is divided into a number of […]
Walking in the old town of Tallinn Estonia feels like walking in your own personal fairy tale. Tallinn is a city of red tiled roofs, views of fairy tale towers, and winding cobblestone streets lined with inviting cafes. Have you ever been to a Renaissance Festival? Tallinn Estonia felt a lot like that, except it had […]
Exploring the Carcassonne Castle is truly the highlight of any visit to the city. Its winding, cobblestone streets lined with picturesque cafes and fairy tale like turrets make it a magical place to get lost for a day (or forever!) Whether you are visiting the city for its famous Bastille Day Fireworks display or just […]
Here are some memorable pictures of France from Bastille Day in Carcassonne. If you are looking for more pictures of France as well as information for planning your own trip to Carcassonne for Bastille Day, check out these other informative pieces: Planning your Trip to Carcassonne for Bastille Day in France Bastille Day in France: […]
I learned a secret about Carcassonne France; something that the majority of the approximately 4 million people who visit each year don’t know. In order to fully appreciate and take in all of the wonderfulness that is Carcassonne France, you have to spend the night there. These tips will help you to find Carcassonne hotels […]
If you ever have the opportunity to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo, you should. This is one of those “once in a lifetime” things that is worth a splurge (and if it is an options, do spend the extra money for the good tickets with a straight on view of the castle!) The event plays out in front of […]
A beautiful castle seen while driving in the Irish countryside. Ireland is a country full of ancient ruins dotting the sides of the roads. You don’t have to drive very long before finding a castle to explore in private, as many of them have very little tourist traffic.
Prague is a beautiful city, and the crown jewel of it is Prague Castle, rising majestically over the Vltava River. Prague was one of very few European cities that was almost undamaged during WWII, and its fabled spires and cobblestone streets make for an enchanting place to visit.
This Photo of Edinburgh was taken at sunset while walking up Castle Hill towards Edinburgh Castle for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Edinburgh is one of my favorite cities. It is filled with beautiful scenery, friendly people and a laid back, welcoming attitude. For more great tips and inspiration for traveling to Scotland, check out these […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...