I have been asked for advice about our experiences in traveling with children. The question has to do with the specific logistical challenges involved with traveling with children through the airport (I am going to write a separate post with tips for keeping kiddos happy on the airplane soon). Here is a round up of our hard won advice […]
Tag Archives | airport
I am happy to welcome those of you coming to MSP for TBEX to my home turf! MSP is my home airport, and I am happy to share some tips for you for the time that you spend here in passing through (these tips are for those flying into Terminal 1…if you are flying on […]
Stuck on an extended layover in New York? You don’t feel like you are trapped in airport purgatory! If you have a layover of 4-6 hours or more, you have time to head into Manhattan for some great food! From JFK: Start by taking the air train from JFK. You can either take the […]
For those traveling through MSP / Minneapolis St Paul Airport with kids, I have good news. The Minneapolis St Paul Airport is overall a pretty kid friendly airport. **For the most part, the features that I am referring to relate to Terminal 1 (the main airport terminal) and not to Terminal 2 (the Hubert Hunphrey Terminal) except for […]
Another night…another late arriving flight. Another planeful of passenger who are not where they want to be. This is a story of resolving communication barriers while half asleep at an airport. To be completely fair, airlines transport an astounding number of passengers to their destinations each and every day with no delays whatsoever. Unfortunately, this […]
It all started with the fog. It crept like a wraith, obscuring the landscape under a fluffy, ethereal blanket. From all that I can tell from my post at the re booking center at the MSP airport, parts of Minnesota as well as North and South Dakota have been eaten by a giant fog monster […]
Next time you are traveling through MSP, make sure to stop here! They even serve breakfast! Should I start with the delectable hint of lemongrass, garlic, mint and cilantro intermingling playfully in my dish? Or the lovely, crispy rice noodles sitting quietly on the side of the dish, waiting for my culinary pleasure. Maybe it was the […]
Thanksgiving is time for giving thanks. On this Thanksgiving eve, I am giving thanks for the fact that I am not at work at the airport tonight. I realize that you all have your reasons for traveling on this particularly inauspicious day. You couldn’t get any extra time off of work or school, your already […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...