Shanna A. Schultz
There and Back Again Travel is a family travel blog that currently focuses on family oriented authentic, off the beaten track travel experiences. I take a value centered approach to the offerings on my blog, focusing on attractions/destinations that are a good value for family travelers in terms of time and money. This inclusive approach makes my blog a potential great fit for both budget and luxury offerings and everything in between.
A Midwest Travel Companion is the beginnings of a highly focused Midwest travel blog. This blog is going to feel like the front porch of the travel blog world; a comfortable place for readers to linger and get to know destinations in the Midwest in a personal way. Most people think primarily of snow, cold and flat, open spaces when they think of the Midwest. I want to give the Midwest a face and a personality, telling its unique stories while building a unique brand.
My travel journeys have taken me around the United States and around the world. My most exciting travel adventures are yet to come, though, as I share the world with my two kiddos. My favorite places to travel are Scotland and France, and we love to cruise!
My writing style combines practical information and recommendations about a destination with well crafted narrative in a down to earth style that is unpretentious and comfortable for readers.
My background from years of work in the hotel and airline industries gives me a unique “insider” view of the tourism industry and I enjoys sharing this candid perspective with readers.
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland
- What to do in Stockholm Sweden with Only One Day
- Velo en Provence: Bicycling in the Cote du Rhone Region of France
- Experiencing Hotel Nirvana: A Review of the Holiday Inn Porto Gaia
- Google Page Rank (PR) 2
- 2,853 Unique visitors in the last 30 days (actual traffic per Google Analytics, filtered to exclude bots)
- 3,086 Page views (actual traffic per Google Analytics, filtered to exclude bots)
- Visitor Location Breakdown: 46% US, 10% UK, , 6% France, 5% Canada, 4% Sweden (per Google Analytics)
- Traffic Source Breakdown: 74% search, 10% direct, 8% social, 6% referral
- Klout Score (social networking): 46
- Twitter Followers: 1,076
- Facebook Followers: 830
- Pinterest Followers: 1,942
- Domain Authority: 37
- Page Authority: 44
- Traffic: Not enough to note, yet (stay tuned!)
- Pinterest: 110 followers
- Facebook: 50 followers
- Twitter: 532 followers
Nitty Gritty (why you should work with me!)
- The majority of my traffic comes from search engines which demonstrates that the content that we co create will perform well in search results for years to come, giving you good ROI.
- Active engagement in a variety of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest and Stumble Upon
- I value building long term relationships with travel and tourism providers. The more we get to know each others needs, the more mutually beneficial the relationship is for both parties.
- My focus on building online relationships with other travel blogs as well as tourism operators and promoters and on promoting my content through these channels allows me to tap into a larger audience that is already interested in travel related products and services.
- There and Back Again Travel focuses on world wide travel and on travel offerings that provide good value in terms of both time and money to its readers. This broad, inclusive , value based focus works well with a variety of both budget and luxury offerings.
Collaboration Strategy: There and Back Again Travel Blog is actively looking to build long term, stable, mutually beneficial relationships with tourism providers and promoters. I look forward to collaborating with you to find the best ways that I can help you to promote your product and to make a win/win situation for our mutual consumers. I welcome creative marketing strategies and out of the box thinking. Let me know what your needs are and what you are thinking about and lets find a way to make it work!
Target Audience/Demographics: There and Back Again Travel Blog targets middle of the road travelers who are limited on time/and or money, but want to get the most value out of the time and money that they have. This inclusive focus works well with a wide range of travel offerings, ranging from a those of a “backpacker” travel style to those from a more “luxury” travel style, as well as everything in between. By including a wide range of travel offerings into a “value” centered approach, advertising on There and Back Again Travel Blog gives you access to the widest possible target audience.
Sponsored Travel/Press Trips: I am very open to collaborating with travel and tourism providers who are looking for a more personal avenue for promoting their product or brand by sponsoring my travels. Sponsorship is a great way for hotels, restaurants, tour companies and other travel service providers to create a more personal, lasting impression with my readers than other, more traditional advertising methods provide.
Sponsorship opportunities will be evaluated based on what I feel There and Back Again Travel Blog can offer to the sponsor, as well as whether the opportunity is a good fit for my readers. My extremely flexible and frequent travel style allows me to consider sponsored travel opportunities in a wide range of destinations.
In exchange for sponsorship, I commit to writing an appropriate number of posts to tell my readers about my experience with your company, as well as creating video and/or audio footage (content from sponsored travel will be labeled as such for my readers, and of course I will always write my honest opinion about a place, whether my travel there was sponsored or not).
Let me know what you are thinking of and I would love to find creative ways to collaborate with you!
For advertising rates and guidelines, please visit this page. Please e-mail Shanna@thereandbackagaintravel.com for an advertising password.