Here are my personal recommendations for which Bloomington MN hotels are best for families. Every town has hotels that are great, and hotels which might look great, but that locals in the “know” know to stay away from. I have lived and/or worked in Bloomington MN for my whole life, so I know a few things about […]
Archive | United States RSS feed for this section
Orlando can be an expensive destination! Theme park tickets, meals, hotels can all eat into your budget and make you feel like your pockets must have holes in them the the money is just falling out! If you are looking for a cheap, low key afternoon of escape from theme park induced madness (or looking […]
I have been forever changed. I might not be able to eat citrus fruit from the grocery store at home in Minnesota ever again. I was truly not prepared for the sudden explosion of flavor in my mouth. I had no idea what to anticipate. The only recent flavor reference that I had for citrus […]
Yellow Dog Eats was a welcome respite after driving past miles upon miles of generic, tasteless tourist traps. I had yet to see a restaurant in the Orlando area that really looked like it has something worthwhile to eat. The restaurant is built in a 100 year old general store. It was out in the […]
We rounded the corner and suddenly, there he was, massive and silent staring at me with his reptilian eyes. He looked like a prehistoric monster, sunning himself in the mud of the swamp and I could imagine one small movement of his massive tail effortlessly knocking me over. Our tour guide, Chris, informed us […]
For me, the magic of a great piece of key lime pie comes from the juxtaposition of real, lip smacking tartness of the limes and the thick, creamy texture of the filling. I consider myself somewhat of a key lime pie connoisseur. Unfortunately, I have tried many an unsatisfying slice of the stuff. Sometimes, the […]
I gave up going horseback riding on vacation long ago. I have been on enough of those summer vacation trail rides to know that they generally bore me. The scenery is nice, but plodding along at a walk in a long line of un-enthused, un-interested horses who walk the same trail day after day is […]
The American food experience is less like a blanket and more like a patchwork quilt. There is not one type of taste of food that encompasses the American food experience. If you were to pick the quintessential “American” food, what would it be? Apple Pie? Hamburgers? Chicago Style Pizza? I am always on the lookout […]
Bandelier National Monument should be a no-brainer if you are visiting Santa Fe, NM. It makes for an easy, relaxed full day trip from Santa Fe with a picnic lunch and some hiking, or can be combined into a half day trip with a visit to Los Alamos, NM. The area around Bandelier National Monument […]
Looking for one of the Best Things to do in New Mexico?: A city up in the high desert of New Mexico, unknown to all but a few, select people in the world outside? An epic secret, hidden from the entire world? Sound like something out of a movie, or something that your local conspiracy […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...