These five travel destinations hold a special place in my heart! What are your favorite places to travel? Carcasonne, France: This medieval, Carcasonne’s impressive 3 kilometers of defensive walls and its castle have stood solidly protecting the medieval city since the 3rd century. A visit to this fairy tale kingdom will make you feel like […]
Archive | Travel Planning Tips RSS feed for this section
Babies change everything. Especially travel. I had never put so much though into the process of going through the security line at the airport. I planned out every move, every necessary action in the security dance, aware that every forgotten detail would become infinitely more difficult with a potentially fussy baby in arms and other […]
Please don’t misunderstand me. I love Paris almost like a member of my family, salivate over the thought of fish and chips at the pub in London and think that the chaos and history of Rome are an experience that every traveler should have. Despite my fondness for the world’s biggest cities and tourist hot spots, […]
I know some of you out there shun all aspects of planning for a trip . Come on, admit it. You know who you are. You love spontaneity and surprises. Unexpected twists and turns that lead you in unknown directions are the icing on your travel cake. While I am not opposed to the occasional unexpected twist or […]
1) Take a break immediately upon arrival. This piece of advice from the Wandering Earl Blog is brilliant. Sit. Chill. Have some coffee at a cafe in the airport. Instead of running, exhausted and flustered, for the first train you see, sit down, relax and make a plan. 2) Ask your taxi driver where to eat. […]
It was the best of times for the passenger with the bright orange, polka-dotted suitcase; it was the worst of times for the passenger with the standard issue black suitcase. It was the spring of hope for the passenger who has been given the joyous news that their luggage has been located and that it is […]
For those traveling through MSP / Minneapolis St Paul Airport with kids, I have good news. The Minneapolis St Paul Airport is overall a pretty kid friendly airport. **For the most part, the features that I am referring to relate to Terminal 1 (the main airport terminal) and not to Terminal 2 (the Hubert Hunphrey Terminal) except for […]
The reality is now settling in. We are leaving on a big trip in less than two weeks. We are all falling into our normal positions in this play that we act out every time we go somewhere; me in the role of the planner and the detail taker carer of-er and my husband as […]
She admonished me first not to go (though she knew that wouldn’t be an argument that she would win.) She then told us that she thought that we shouldn’t ride on the metro in Madrid, because terrorists often target subways for bombings. My mother has never been to Europe, so she obviously had no idea […]
So, lets say you only have a day or two in a city and you want to make sure you make the most of your limited time. Or perhaps you have a long layover in an airport and you want to try to see something of the city that you are in. Whether you have […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...