I am happy to welcome those of you coming to MSP for TBEX to my home turf! MSP is my home airport, and I am happy to share some tips for you for the time that you spend here in passing through (these tips are for those flying into Terminal 1…if you are flying on […]
Archive | Travel Tips RSS feed for this section
I am going to share with you one of our favorite budget travel tips that will change the way that you travel. I have always thought about renting an apartment during our travels, but we have generally ended up staying in hotels because of cost and convenience. This time was different. Because of the baby, […]
These five travel destinations hold a special place in my heart! What are your favorite places to travel? Carcasonne, France: This medieval, Carcasonne’s impressive 3 kilometers of defensive walls and its castle have stood solidly protecting the medieval city since the 3rd century. A visit to this fairy tale kingdom will make you feel like […]
I am a big proponent of traveling with only a carry on bag whenever possible (I am actually quite proud of the fact that I can travel for 2 plus weeks in a carry on sized backpack!) Choosing a good backpack is the best packing tips that I can give a light weight, mobile traveler […]
Babies change everything. Especially travel. I had never put so much though into the process of going through the security line at the airport. I planned out every move, every necessary action in the security dance, aware that every forgotten detail would become infinitely more difficult with a potentially fussy baby in arms and other […]
Please don’t misunderstand me. I love Paris almost like a member of my family, salivate over the thought of fish and chips at the pub in London and think that the chaos and history of Rome are an experience that every traveler should have. Despite my fondness for the world’s biggest cities and tourist hot spots, […]
The holy grail of travel off the beaten path (for me, anyways): finding that local restaurant where they are serving great, cheap local cuisine with no tourists to be found. I am talking about the type of restaurant that is one big adventure, because no one speaks English, and there might not be a menu […]
Before getting the chance to fly in Business Class on a trans oceanic flight, I used to think, “First class…no big deal. Just a bunch of stuck up rich people paying a heap more money just so they just get free drinks and a nicer food.” Now that I have seen the difference between business […]
I know some of you out there shun all aspects of planning for a trip . Come on, admit it. You know who you are. You love spontaneity and surprises. Unexpected twists and turns that lead you in unknown directions are the icing on your travel cake. While I am not opposed to the occasional unexpected twist or […]
1) Take a break immediately upon arrival. This piece of advice from the Wandering Earl Blog is brilliant. Sit. Chill. Have some coffee at a cafe in the airport. Instead of running, exhausted and flustered, for the first train you see, sit down, relax and make a plan. 2) Ask your taxi driver where to eat. […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...