When I visited East London last November, one of the recommendations that popped up time after time were the London markets located in the East End. I went to several of them over the weekend (some are exclusively either on Saturdays or Sundays), and far and away, the prettiest market in London that I visited […]
Archive | Market of the World RSS feed for this section
A sunny Tuesday morning my husband and I decided to cross the border to Tijuana, Baja California. Our car was left at one of the parking lots in San Diego and a short bus ride took us to the center of town. The walk between the Centro and the Zona Rio is less than a […]
I have been forever changed. I might not be able to eat citrus fruit from the grocery store at home in Minnesota ever again. I was truly not prepared for the sudden explosion of flavor in my mouth. I had no idea what to anticipate. The only recent flavor reference that I had for citrus […]
Nadi Spice Market in Viti Levu (also known as the Central Market) is a simple covered market where locals come to sell their produce and hang out with their friends and family. This is a great place to get a taste of local culture if you travel to Fiji. You’ll see tables laden (often sparsely) […]
Getting there, sort of We got out of the London Bridge underground station at Borough High Street. The map I had showed that the entrance to Borough Market was right in front of the tube exit, so we crossed the street and started looking. But nothing. We went into some alleys, looked behind some corners. […]
The very first post in this series if from Ayngelina from the travel blog Bacon is Magic! Her video takes you inside the New Market in Helsinki Finland just like you were right there with her. When we visited this market, I remember the strong smells of fresh fish and the pungent aromas of local […]
The fish market in Bergen Norway is a feast for the senses. The briny smell of the water from the North sea mingling with the pungent smell of fresh fish. The creamy taste of homemade fish soup mixing with the smell of fresh grilled salmon, cooked to order (for the right price, you could have […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...