Flying standby is definitely a great benefit of working for an airline, but it comes at the price of some challenging, nerve wracking, nail biting days spent in the airport, wondering when you will get home. Today started with a 5:00am taxi ride to the Porto airport for a long day of flying standby. The Ryanair flight to Madrid […]
Archive | Life In The Airport RSS feed for this section
Another night…another late arriving flight. Another planeful of passenger who are not where they want to be. This is a story of resolving communication barriers while half asleep at an airport. To be completely fair, airlines transport an astounding number of passengers to their destinations each and every day with no delays whatsoever. Unfortunately, this […]
ATL? JFK? AMS? LHR? DUB? When I started out on our morning of departure at 2:00am, each of these airports existed as a possibility for the day’s travels. As it turned out, husband and brother went early to the airport, hoping for a highly coveted seat on the first flight of the day to Atlanta […]
It all started with the fog. It crept like a wraith, obscuring the landscape under a fluffy, ethereal blanket. From all that I can tell from my post at the re booking center at the MSP airport, parts of Minnesota as well as North and South Dakota have been eaten by a giant fog monster […]
Thanksgiving is time for giving thanks. On this Thanksgiving eve, I am giving thanks for the fact that I am not at work at the airport tonight. I realize that you all have your reasons for traveling on this particularly inauspicious day. You couldn’t get any extra time off of work or school, your already […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...