The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a stirring and inspiring display of the best of Scotland’s history and culture, and it is a must see if you are planning a visit to Edinburgh in the summer time. I would even go as far as to suggest that it is well worth planning your whole trip around, […]
Archive | Scotland RSS feed for this section
Don’t think you like whisky? I wasn’t crazy about it, either, until after our first visit to Scotland. Drinking the national drink in the place that it was made gave me a new appreciation for the wide range of subtle flavors in good whisky. Since then, my love of whiskey has expanded to other types […]
Edinburgh is one of my favorite European cities. Its casual elegance and easy going attitude make it an easy place to spend a few days. The scale of the city makes it very walkable and not overwhelming like larger cities that we have been to. The Edinburgh Royal Mile is divided into a number of […]
If you ever have the opportunity to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo, you should. This is one of those “once in a lifetime” things that is worth a splurge (and if it is an options, do spend the extra money for the good tickets with a straight on view of the castle!) The event plays out in front of […]
The abundance of rain that falls on the Highlands of Scotland does have a upside. Lots and lots of rainbows. This photo was taken while we were driving around the Highlands near Fort William. The clouds parted and the sun came out for just long enough for us to snap this photo. If you have […]
Ah, the ubiquitous red telephone booth. It is such a well known symbol of all that is Brittish. You never have to worry about being far from a phone in the UK. You can be well connected even out here, on the western edge of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands on the Isle of Skye, where we […]
It is going to be an incredible summer for me and for There and Back Again Travel Blog! I have been home for a record 4 months in a row, and I am going stir crazy and I am ready to fly! Make sure to use the buttons on the right to connect with There […]
The grease seeped tantalizingly through the paper wrapper as I unwrapped my precious bundle like a child on Christmas morning. I had been waiting for months, trying to hold back my excitement and now the moment was finally here. I impatiently bit into the too hot piece of fish, sinking my teeth into the firm […]
The selection of whiskey available in a gas station in Scotland is bigger than many liquor stores here in the USA. I don’t care what most women think. Whiskey is not just for the boys. In all honesty, I didn’t drink whiskey before our first trip to Scotland. I also had no idea at the […]
There is a slight chance, if all of the planets align properly and the standby travel angels are looking over us, that we might get to go somewhere really cool for New Year’s Eve this year. Hogmanay in Edinburgh, Scotland. The planets did not align properly last New Year’s Eve (and I think the standby […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...