When I visited East London last November, one of the recommendations that popped up time after time were the London markets located in the East End. I went to several of them over the weekend (some are exclusively either on Saturdays or Sundays), and far and away, the prettiest market in London that I visited […]
Archive | England RSS feed for this section
Getting there, sort of We got out of the London Bridge underground station at Borough High Street. The map I had showed that the entrance to Borough Market was right in front of the tube exit, so we crossed the street and started looking. But nothing. We went into some alleys, looked behind some corners. […]
Travel in Focus is a monthly feature highlighting the best travel tips and suggestions for a particular place from around the web. Check out the internet’s best travel writing about London to help you plan your trip! Budget Travel in London: Visiting London on a Student Budget from Holiday Nomad 10 Ways to Save Money in […]
Glastonbury Abbey is the site of a spectacular set of ruins of an ancient 12th century monastery. Located in south west England, Glastonbury Abbey was an extremely worthy afternoon excursion. Walking through the ruins of the ancient monastery makes you feel like you have stepped into another time, and they are filled with incredible photo […]
Don’t think you like whisky? I wasn’t crazy about it, either, until after our first visit to Scotland. Drinking the national drink in the place that it was made gave me a new appreciation for the wide range of subtle flavors in good whisky. Since then, my love of whiskey has expanded to other types […]
A place wrapped up in mysteries an legends, Chalice Well in south west England is a peaceful stop on a tour of the area. The Chalice Well is one of many sacred wells located throughout the country. It is of particular note because legends say that Joseph of Arimithea either washed or buried the cup […]
Glastonbury Tor in south west England is a magical and beautiful place. Myths and legends surround it…some say it is the entrance to the fabled Isle of Avalon, and that it is tied closely with the legends of King Arthur and the Holy Grail. Even if none of that holds any interest for you, the […]
I stumbled across the idea of renting a houseboat to explore the canals of Europe a couple of years ago and I became completely transfixed. What a great way to get off the beaten path and visit un-touristy small towns and villages while leisurely drifting past some incomparable scenery! The idea of renting a houseboat (or a […]
I visited the Contented Cow the other night. It is our local British pub, and the next best thing to being at a pub in the United Kingdom. I had a great time, and it gt me reminiscing about the great pubs that we visited on our trip to the UK in June of 2011. […]
Looking Down the Road: Where was Harry Potter Filmed? The Making of Harry Potter tour in London at Warner Brothers Studios in London
Have you ever wondered, ” Where was Harry Potter Filmed ?” Some of the answers to your questions might be waiting in London. “The Making of Harry Potter” at the Warner Brother’s Studios in London is opening March 31st, 2012, and this is defintely on our family’s to do list. I am always looking for […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...