France can be expensive, but Nice can be a budget travel oasis in an otherwise expensive country for thirsty, cash strapped travelers. There are a lot of great things to do in Nice France even if your budget is a little slim! Here are some budget travel tidbits that I picked up while traveling in Nice […]
Archive | Europe RSS feed for this section
Nice is nice, don’t get me wrong. There are plenty of things to do in Nice to keep you busy for a while. If getting out of the city is your thing, though, or you would like a change of scenery, Nice is ideally situated for taking day trips. Easy connections by train (even more […]
Different. Not better or worse, but traveling with baby is definitely different. We trudged from the airport weighted down with all of our bags, the baby in his pouch on my chest because the stroller was being used to portage our caravan of accouterments, extra suitcases of baby food and other supplies and a car […]
Greece is popular place for sun worshiping beach lovers, but it has a double identity..thanks to the mild climate and fertile soil, this sun drenched country has amazing local produce which also make it an off the beaten path, culinary adventure waiting to be experienced. Let’s start our mouth watering, culinary tour of the best restaurants […]
Travel in Focus is a monthly feature highlighting the best travel tips and suggestions for a particular place from around the web. Check out the internet’s best travel writing about Dublin to help you plan your trip! This month’s theme will help you find the best things to do in Dublin Ireland! Things to do […]
We used to do busy trips. You know exactly the kind that I am talking about. When there is just so much that you HAVE to see, and so little time to see it in that you cram your schedule full from morning until night so that you don’t feel like anything was left out. […]
France is whispering in my ear. “Come, Mon Cherie, visit me please? It has been too long since you enjoyed my fine wines, luscious foods and excellent pastries“. Really, I am spoiled. It has been too long. It has been two years since our last international adventure. Pregnancy, then baby took its toll on my […]
When I visited East London last November, one of the recommendations that popped up time after time were the London markets located in the East End. I went to several of them over the weekend (some are exclusively either on Saturdays or Sundays), and far and away, the prettiest market in London that I visited […]
Getting there, sort of We got out of the London Bridge underground station at Borough High Street. The map I had showed that the entrance to Borough Market was right in front of the tube exit, so we crossed the street and started looking. But nothing. We went into some alleys, looked behind some corners. […]
The very first post in this series if from Ayngelina from the travel blog Bacon is Magic! Her video takes you inside the New Market in Helsinki Finland just like you were right there with her. When we visited this market, I remember the strong smells of fresh fish and the pungent aromas of local […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...