Looking for ideas about what to do in Arkansas for one day in the Bentonville area? Maybe not. I know that I wasn’t particularly looking for this information. No offense intended towards anyone that resides in Arkansas, but I had no idea that there were actually some pretty cool things to see there! Start your […]
Archive | Looking Down the Road RSS feed for this section
Norway, here we come! Photo by Percita http://www.flickr.com/photos/dittmars/439691874/ Norway, a land of beautiful fjords and epic scenery. A land filled with lots of snow and pure, clean water. A land that I considered too expensive until we got an incredible deal on a seven day cruise to Norway in August. Norway, here we come! Sleeping and […]
The selection of whiskey available in a gas station in Scotland is bigger than many liquor stores here in the USA. I don’t care what most women think. Whiskey is not just for the boys. In all honesty, I didn’t drink whiskey before our first trip to Scotland. I also had no idea at the […]
There is a slight chance, if all of the planets align properly and the standby travel angels are looking over us, that we might get to go somewhere really cool for New Year’s Eve this year. Hogmanay in Edinburgh, Scotland. The planets did not align properly last New Year’s Eve (and I think the standby […]
Can a garden help you understand the principles of good and evil, heaven and hell and other similarly deep subjects such as the very meaning and nature of the universe? It can if it is the remarkable Garden of Cosmic Speculation. The garden has been Built by Charles Jencks in honor of his late wife Maggie. Jencks […]
When a coworker told me that I could rent a Gypsy caravan, complete with horse and use it to explore the Irish countryside I really thought that she was joking at first. After a Google search, I saw that she was telling me the honest to gosh truth, and the idea fascinated me. I love […]
I love to start conversations with guests at the hotel that I work at about where they are from and where they have traveled. I get the best tips this way about places that I need to add to my ever growing travel list! I had such a conversation one afternoon, and this was how […]
I am having strange visions as of late. I see myself on a bicycle with a wicker basket strapped to the front (filled with wine, cheese and baguette) riding merrily through the French countryside, passing fields of lavender. Maybe I will find a cute French boy with a scarf to share my picnic with (shhhh, […]
Beautiful, rugged scenery…check. Fish and chips….check. Great whiskey….check. Leprachauns….check. Can you guess where we are heading next? St Patricks Day in Ireland here we come! It looks like we might be unexpectedly spending St Patricks Day in Ireland in a couple of weeks (the fact that I can suddenly find myself in the midst of […]
The Space Shuttle Discovery is coming to Dulles Airport on April 17th and I can’t wait to go see her! Discovery took off from Earth to fly her last mission (STS-133) on February 24th, 2011. We were so blessed to be able to travel to Titusville, FL to watch the final launch. Now, I am […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...