Orlando can be an expensive destination! Theme park tickets, meals, hotels can all eat into your budget and make you feel like your pockets must have holes in them the the money is just falling out! If you are looking for a cheap, low key afternoon of escape from theme park induced madness (or looking […]
Archive | Budget Travel RSS feed for this section
France can be expensive, but Nice can be a budget travel oasis in an otherwise expensive country for thirsty, cash strapped travelers. There are a lot of great things to do in Nice France even if your budget is a little slim! Here are some budget travel tidbits that I picked up while traveling in Nice […]
I am going to share with you one of our favorite budget travel tips that will change the way that you travel. I have always thought about renting an apartment during our travels, but we have generally ended up staying in hotels because of cost and convenience. This time was different. Because of the baby, […]
Normally the words “Norway” and “budget” don’t play very well together. Norway is well known to be on the the most expensive countries in the world. We were not sure how our budget would fare during our one day visit to Alesund Norway. With a little leg work, we spent an entire day in Alesund […]
I learned a secret about Carcassonne France; something that the majority of the approximately 4 million people who visit each year don’t know. In order to fully appreciate and take in all of the wonderfulness that is Carcassonne France, you have to spend the night there. These tips will help you to find Carcassonne hotels […]
Blackberries at the Harrisonburg Farmers Market This morning has taken me in an unexpected direction. I am currently in Harrisonburg, VA on a visit to some friends. My day’s plans came via text message. “Farmers market this morning till noon!!! Bike down Wolfe Street to Liberty Street, head left.” I love visiting local markets, especially […]
Tokyo has been slightly intimidating. No, change that. Tokyo has been very intimidating. We have been managing, but nothing seems to be easy. It has been testing all of our foreign travel skills much moreso than our previous travels to Europe or even to Thailand have (Thailand was very westernized in many ways, and EVERYTHING […]
Here is a play by play list of all the things that we spent our bahts on while in Thailand. We visited Thailand in December of 2011 for 8 nights. I hope that this will give you an idea of how much your trip will cost and allow you to budget for Thailand appropriately. Lodging: […]
After a heaping helping of greasy wonderfulness in the form of the “best fish and chips in Ireland” yesterday, I found myself needing intake of a vegetable other than a potato. I found what I was looking for in the form of the Mongolian Barbecue, centrally located in the Temple Bar area of Dublin. For […]
Looking for ideas about what to do in Paris ? Read on for ideas for a night out around Monmarte and Pigalle. Pigalle, Paris: Pigalle is Paris’ red light district. Soldiers during World War II nicknamed the place “pig alley” because of its seedy reputation, but it was actually named after a French sculptor. Pigalle has had […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...