This temple looked older than time itself. It was slowly deteriorating, and it looked like the moss growing all over it might have been playing a role in holding it together. Quiet hung around the ancient monument like a child hanging on its mother’s skirts. The atmosphere in this off the beaten path temple in […]
Archive | Thailand RSS feed for this section
I found the sincerity of the offerings that we saw being made at the temples that we visited around Thailand to be refreshing. It was clearly evident that the majority of the people who were there to worship at the temple in Thailand felt a deep connected to their faith. They had taken time out […]
The giant bells fascinated me at this temple in Thailand. What a beautiful way to announce your prayers! We saw bells like these at a number of different Buddhist temples around the country. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly how these are used in Buddhist practice?
I have never been a fan of spicy foods. I was always the one that thought that something was spicy when no one else did, gulping down water and wiping tears from my eyes. That was until I tried the food in Thailand. My taste buds just haven’t been the same since! The food in […]
Here is a play by play list of all the things that we spent our bahts on while in Thailand. We visited Thailand in December of 2011 for 8 nights. I hope that this will give you an idea of how much your trip will cost and allow you to budget for Thailand appropriately. Lodging: […]
A visit to the local market is always a highlight of any trip for me. When we walked into the Thailand market , my senses were assaulted with a number of unusual sights and smells. The pungent smell of fresh chili peppers and unusual herbs and spices tickled my nose. Fresh fish and seafood of […]
Are you considering whether you should go to Thailand or Japan on your next vacation? The points of comparison below should help you to make an informed decision. Thailand or Japan? Weather: No contest here, Thailand has much nicer weather at this time of year (January). It is colder here in Tokyo right now than […]
You know what they say about the best laid schemes of mice and men, right? Thailand took my carefully laid out travel itinerary and reshuffled it like a lunatic black jack dealer reshuffling a deck. We had our ideas for what to do in Thailand and they did not all work as planned. The trip […]
Looking for an off the beaten path activity in Chiang Mai? A chance to connect with the local community and see something that might generally be off the tourist radar? You should check out the Chiang Mai Hiking Club! On the day we visited, there was a solid group of about 40 local Thais and […]
Before our trip to Thailand, I had no idea what galangal was, what to do with the lemongrass that I have been growing in my garden for years or what the difference was between Thai Basil and Holy Basil (nor did I know the wonder of life that is fresh coconut milk). Thai food uses […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...