This photo was taken while exploring a temple in Tokyo. It was nestled among a group of tall office buildings. This is one of the aspects of Tokyo that I found so fascinating…that you could be walking in the middle of an urban jungle and suddenly find yourself in the midst of the quiet, peaceful oasis of […]
Archive | Japan RSS feed for this section
Tokyo has been slightly intimidating. No, change that. Tokyo has been very intimidating. We have been managing, but nothing seems to be easy. It has been testing all of our foreign travel skills much moreso than our previous travels to Europe or even to Thailand have (Thailand was very westernized in many ways, and EVERYTHING […]
Are you considering whether you should go to Thailand or Japan on your next vacation? The points of comparison below should help you to make an informed decision. Thailand or Japan? Weather: No contest here, Thailand has much nicer weather at this time of year (January). It is colder here in Tokyo right now than […]
Straw mats lined the floor, and soft light filtered in from the paper windows. Even though we were 7 floors up in a huge hotel in Japan, it seemed that we had been transported to a traditional Japanese tea house. There was a square hole in the middle of the floor which held the focal […]
We are on a gradual descent back into normal reality. We are on the flight from Tokyo to Los Angeles, turning the clock backwards 12 hours and crossing the date line, so we will be arriving the day before we left (I love the time warp that happens traveling back from Asia, and seeing the […]
I had been standing, waiting for a bathroom stall for more than a minute or two. There was only one person in front of me, but the normal rhythm of the women’s bathroom seemed to be off. These people were taking quite a long time to complete their bathroom necessities. Finally, it was my turn. […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...