France can be expensive, but Nice can be a budget travel oasis in an otherwise expensive country for thirsty, cash strapped travelers. Here are some budget travel tidbits that I picked up while traveling in Nice France: Getting to Nice from the Airport: Most tourists fly into the international terminal at the nice airport. From here, […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
Nice is nice, don’t get me wrong. There are plenty of things to do in Nice to keep you busy for a while. If getting out of the city is your thing, though, or you would like a change of scenery, Nice is ideally situated for taking day trips. Easy connections by train (even more […]Pin It
Not to be Missed Dishes on the Island of Majorca As you’d expect from an island that’s heavily geared towards tourism, Majorca is home to a wealth of bars, cafes, and restaurants. You can find practically every national cuisine available when visiting this Canary Island, but it would be a definite shame to spend some time here, and miss […]
City breaks provide opportunities for both relaxation and stimulation, but now that we all travel more, the most obvious locations can lose their appeal – make the most of your cheap travel insurance by looking around before you decide on your destination. Bologna (Italy) Italy has an embarrassment of riches, but you can avoid the […]
Are you an avid wine connoisseur? Have you always imagined planning a vacation to the intriguing Italian wine country? If so, you should stop hesitating and book your vacation today! As you’ve probably heard, there’s no time like the present! Tuscany produces an astounding number of top-notch wines, which can make it difficult to decide […]
I am very proud of my “hole in the wall” radar, that finely honed sense that sets alarm bells blaring in my head when we run across one of those great, off the beaten path sorts of places. You know which ones I am talking about – those places that have been there forever and are […]Pin It
Those of you who’d really want to relax on their next holiday, but have no clue where and when, you’d better opt for something far from ordinary this time. To combine sunny days, stunning beaches, lush surroundings and endless loosening, why not go on a cruise to a destination where pristine nature prevails, such as […]
I am going to share with you one of our favorite budget travel tips that will change the way that you travel. I have always thought about renting an apartment during our travels, but we have generally ended up staying in hotels because of cost and convenience. This time was different. Because of the baby, […]Pin It
Consistently rating highly on ski destination hot lists, the leading Austrian resort of Sankt Anton am Arlberg can be found at an altitude of 4,200 feet, high in the Tyrolean Alps. Dramatic landscapes, crisp mountain air and chocolate box buildings undoubtedly contribute to its allure, but it is the generous mix of beginner, intermediate and […]
Different. Not better or worse, but definitely different. We trudged from the airport weighted down with all of our bags, the baby in his pouch on my chest because the stroller was being used to portage our caravan of accouterments, extra suitcases of baby food and other supplies and a car seat. Instead of being […]Pin It
Please Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semarang Indonesia June 11, 2016
- MSP Airport Tips and Secrets for those passing through for TBEX May 23, 2016
- Iconic Landmarks and Endless Possibilities: Experience Joie de Vivre in France February 9, 2016
- Visiting the Long Neck Karen tribe in Thailand or not?: […] Reverse Culture Shock: 8 Things that are...
- The Edinburgh Military Tattoo: An Event to Remember: […] Where to Buy Good Whisky in London and E...
- Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop About Going to Norway: […] The Fish Market in Bergen Norway […...
- Best Pubs for Irish Whiskey in Dublin: […] What to do in Dublin: Johnny Fox’s...
- 19 Days on the Holland America Eurodam!: […] What to do in Stockholm Sweden with Only...