If anyone wants to read (I write this as much for myself so I can look back on it as I do for my audience)…here is a rundown of my goals for 2014! First, a look back… Wow. What to say about 2013 as it relates to my life and my blog? Unfortunately, 2013 for […]
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
We rounded the corner and suddenly, there he was, massive and silent staring at me with his reptilian eyes. He looked like a prehistoric monster, sunning himself in the mud of the swamp and I could imagine one small movement of his massive tail effortlessly knocking me over. Our tour guide, Chris, informed us […]Pin It
For me, the magic of a great piece of key lime pie comes from the juxtaposition of real, lip smacking tartness of the limes and the thick, creamy texture of the filling. I consider myself somewhat of a key lime pie connoisseur. Unfortunately, I have tried many an unsatisfying slice of the stuff. Sometimes, the […]Pin It
Getting there, sort of We got out of the London Bridge underground station at Borough High Street. The map I had showed that the entrance to Borough Market was right in front of the tube exit, so we crossed the street and started looking. But nothing. We went into some alleys, looked behind some corners. […]Pin It
I am a big proponent of traveling with only a carry on bag whenever possible (I am actually quite proud of the fact that I can travel for 2 plus weeks in a carry on sized backpack!) Choosing a good backpack is the best packing tips that I can give a light weight, mobile traveler […]
The very first post in this series if from Ayngelina from the travel blog Bacon is Magic! Her video takes you inside the New Market in Helsinki Finland just like you were right there with her. When we visited this market, I remember the strong smells of fresh fish and the pungent aromas of local […]Pin It
I took my last trip almost 5 months ago. Anyone who knows how much I am used to travelling will readily see that for me, this seems like an eternity. There is a good reason for my hiatus, and I have plenty of other things to keep me busy at the moment, but that doesn’t […]Pin It
Babies change everything. Especially travel. I had never put so much though into the process of going through the security line at the airport. I planned out every move, every necessary action in the security dance, aware that every forgotten detail would become infinitely more difficult with a potentially fussy baby in arms and other […]Pin It
I gave up going horseback riding on vacation long ago. I have been on enough of those summer vacation trail rides to know that they generally bore me. The scenery is nice, but plodding along at a walk in a long line of un-enthused, un-interested horses who walk the same trail day after day is […]Pin It
The American food experience is less like a blanket and more like a patchwork quilt. There is not one type of taste of food that encompasses the American food experience. If you were to pick the quintessential “American” food, what would it be? Apple Pie? Hamburgers? Chicago Style Pizza? I am always on the lookout […]Pin It
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
- What to Do in Minneapolis With Kids: Play with Legos at Brickmania!
- Things to do in Chicago: Stones From All Over The World
- Things to do in St Paul: A Blast From the Past-Lynden’s Soda Fountain
- Valentines Day Ideas in the Twin Cities-2014
Looking for Something?
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! July 11, 2014
- Do You Want your Travel Experience From an Eye Dropper or a Bucket? June 10, 2014
- Nice is nice! Escaping on a French Holiday! June 7, 2014
- Markets of the World: Columbia Road Flower Market in London April 15, 2014
- Markets of the World: Mercado Hidalgo, Tijuana Mexico April 2, 2014
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Great post! Traveling is like nothing else you can...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] tip if you go; make sure to check out th...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] highlights of a visit to the Isle of Sky...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] Chiang Dao Nest is the place to stay if ...
- Five Travel Destinations that I Would Love to Return To! | There and Back AgainThere and Back Again: […] an even more impressive and memorable vi...