Getting there, sort of We got out of the London Bridge underground station at Borough High Street. The map I had showed that the entrance to Borough Market was right in front of the tube exit, so we crossed the street and started looking. But nothing. We went into some alleys, looked behind some corners. […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
I am a big proponent of traveling with only a carry on bag whenever possible (I am actually quite proud of the fact that I can travel for 2 plus weeks in a carry on sized backpack!) Choosing a good backpack is the best packing tips that I can give a light weight, mobile traveler […]
The very first post in this series if from Ayngelina from the travel blog Bacon is Magic! Her video takes you inside the New Market in Helsinki Finland just like you were right there with her. When we visited this market, I remember the strong smells of fresh fish and the pungent aromas of local […]Pin It
I took my last trip almost 5 months ago. Anyone who knows how much I am used to travelling will readily see that for me, this seems like an eternity. There is a good reason for my hiatus, and I have plenty of other things to keep me busy at the moment, but that doesn’t […]Pin It
Babies change everything. Especially travel. I had never put so much though into the process of going through the security line at the airport. I planned out every move, every necessary action in the security dance, aware that every forgotten detail would become infinitely more difficult with a potentially fussy baby in arms and other […]Pin It
I gave up going horseback riding on vacation long ago. I have been on enough of those summer vacation trail rides to know that they generally bore me. The scenery is nice, but plodding along at a walk in a long line of un-enthused, un-interested horses who walk the same trail day after day is […]Pin It
The American food experience is less like a blanket and more like a patchwork quilt. There is not one type of taste of food that encompasses the American food experience. If you were to pick the quintessential “American” food, what would it be? Apple Pie? Hamburgers? Chicago Style Pizza? I am always on the lookout […]Pin It
Bandelier National Monument should be a no-brainer if you are visiting Santa Fe, NM. It makes for an easy, relaxed full day trip from Santa Fe with a picnic lunch and some hiking, or can be combined into a half day trip with a visit to Los Alamos, NM. The area around Bandelier National Monument […]Pin It
The world news has been catching my attention lately in a way that it hasn’t in the past. Seeing coverage of the election of the new Pope at the Vatican a few months back, and the details of the escalating instability in North Korea made me think of my recent visits to these places. Both of these […]Pin It
A city up in the high desert of New Mexico, unknown to all but a few, select people in the world outside? An epic secret, hidden from the entire world? Sound like something out of a movie, or something that your local conspiracy theorist would come up with? Would you be surprised to find out […]Pin It
Looking for Something?
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Markets of the World: Columbia Road Flower Market in London April 15, 2014
- Markets of the World: Mercado Hidalgo, Tijuana Mexico April 2, 2014
- A Guide to the Best Things to do in Australia – What You Need to Know Before Travelling March 28, 2014
- I Need YOUR Help! March 26, 2014
- Markets of The World: Local Farmers Markets in Orlando Florida February 20, 2014
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: This is such a helpful post for those planning a t...
- Shanna: I love picking locals brains about great, little k...
- Shanna: MMMMMM, cheesecakes...mouth watering......
- Shanna: Thanks! That is part of the reason that I started...
- Shanna: The local food is one of my favorite reasons to tr...