Babies change everything. Especially travel. I had never put so much though into the process of going through the security line at the airport. I planned out every move, every necessary action in the security dance, aware that every forgotten detail would become infinitely more difficult with a potentially fussy baby in arms and other […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
I gave up going horseback riding on vacation long ago. I have been on enough of those summer vacation trail rides to know that they generally bore me. The scenery is nice, but plodding along at a walk in a long line of un-enthused, un-interested horses who walk the same trail day after day is […]Pin It
The American food experience is less like a blanket and more like a patchwork quilt. There is not one type of taste of food that encompasses the American food experience. If you were to pick the quintessential “American” food, what would it be? Apple Pie? Hamburgers? Chicago Style Pizza? I am always on the lookout […]Pin It
Bandelier National Monument should be a no-brainer if you are visiting Santa Fe, NM. It makes for an easy, relaxed full day trip from Santa Fe with a picnic lunch and some hiking, or can be combined into a half day trip with a visit to Los Alamos, NM. The area around Bandelier National Monument […]Pin It
The world news has been catching my attention lately in a way that it hasn’t in the past. Seeing coverage of the election of the new Pope at the Vatican a few months back, and the details of the escalating instability in North Korea made me think of my recent visits to these places. Both of these […]Pin It
A city up in the high desert of New Mexico, unknown to all but a few, select people in the world outside? An epic secret, hidden from the entire world? Sound like something out of a movie, or something that your local conspiracy theorist would come up with? Would you be surprised to find out […]Pin It
Please don’t misunderstand me. I love Paris almost like a member of my family, salivate over the thought of fish and chips at the pub in London and think that the chaos and history of Rome are an experience that every traveler should have. Despite my fondness for the world’s biggest cities and tourist hot spots, […]Pin It
The local cuisine in Santa Fe, NM is unique. Locals will tell you adamantly that it is “New Mexican” and not Mexican food, and they are very right. Vibrant, unique flavors and interesting textures permeated my meals while I was visiting Santa Fe. Here are some ideas about food in Santa Fe , New Mexico […]Pin It
The holy grail of travel off the beaten path (for me, anyways): finding that local restaurant where they are serving great, cheap local cuisine with no tourists to be found. I am talking about the type of restaurant that is one big adventure, because no one speaks English, and there might not be a menu […]Pin It
As a relatively new blogger, it is always nice to receive small bits of confirmation that I am heading in the right direction with my blogging efforts. When I received a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Awards from The Travel Wench, it was like my little nudge from the Universe for the day that […]Pin It
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Markets of The World: Local Farmers Markets in Orlando Florida February 20, 2014
- Things to do in Singapore – Shopping, Turtles, Temples and Tea February 14, 2014
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: Foodie Heaven Found in Orlando Suburb February 6, 2014
- Blogging Tips – Goals for 2014 January 30, 2014
- Things to do in Kissimmee Florida – Our Encounter With A Swamp Monster January 27, 2014
- Jennifer: I love dumplings! Markets are great for trying new...
- Franca: I love markets especially when they are food and l...
- Franca: No veggie food for me :( Is it difficult to find v...
- Shanna: Our whirlwind tour of London did not include nearl...
- Leslee Haralson: I haven't been to Singapore yet, but it's on my ...