Don’t think you like whisky? I wasn’t crazy about it, either, until after our first visit to Scotland. Drinking the national drink in the place that it was made gave me a new appreciation for the wide range of subtle flavors in whisky. Since then, my love of whiskey has expanded to other types of [...]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
A place wrapped up in mysteries an legends, Chalice Well in south west England is a peaceful stop on a tour of the area. The Chalice Well is one of many sacred wells located throughout the country. It is of particular note because legends say that Joseph of Arimithea either washed or buried the cup [...]Pin It
Before getting the chance to fly in Business Class on a trans oceanic flight, I used to think, “First class…no big deal. Just a bunch of stuck up rich people paying a heap more money just so they just get free drinks and a nicer food.” Now that I have seen the difference between business [...]Pin It
There are some foods that just don’t taste the same here at home no matter how many restaurants I try them in. Here is a list of foods that I would travel to the other side of the world for: Fish and Chips: I have written at length before about my intense love for this [...]Pin It
There is nothing that screams “Wow, I am actually in Russia!” more than seeing one of its iconic onion domed churches. Located in St Petersburg Russia and completed in 1907, this church was built on the assassination site of Tsar Alexander II by his son to commemorate his life. This is going to come out sounding [...]Pin It
Edinburgh is one of my favorite European cities. Its casual elegance and easy going attitude make it an easy place to spend a few days. The scale of the city makes it very walkable and not overwhelming like larger cities that we have been to. The Edinburgh Royal Mile is divided into a number of [...]Pin It
The whooshing/grinding noise that I was hearing from outside and underneath us was not a noise that the airplane was supposed to be making. I was sure of it. Frequent flying gives one a pretty good idea of the range of normal noises that an airplane makes, and nope, that was definitely not one of them. I [...]Pin It
The ornate decorations and antiquated train cars that we saw in the subway station in St Petersburg Russia looked like they came from another era (they actually reminded me of the antique subway cars that we saw at a museum in New York from the 50′s and 60′s). The subway station itself was ornately [...]Pin It
Welcome to the 16th edition of the Byteful Travel Blog Carnival, coming to you from the cold, frozen wasteland of Minnesota. I am so thankful that Andrew at Byteful Travel Blog gave me the opportunity to host this edition of the blog carnival (hint, hint…you should DEFINITELY pop over to his blog and check it [...]Pin It
I’ve been gone this last week, both in body and in spirit. New posts have dried up. My blog seems to be going through it’s first fallow period. I was off last week seeking some warm weather and sunshine on the coast of Florida, and I was being kind of selfish. The truth of the [...]Pin It
Looking for Something?
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in Paris November 23, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico May 15, 2013
- Travel Off the Beaten Path: 6 Tips for Finding Authentic, Local Food April 17, 2013
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award April 15, 2013
- Hello, Again Mr. Gustave Eiffel April 10, 2013
- The Edinburgh Military Tattoo: A MUST Add to Your Edinburgh Itinerary April 3, 2013
- Andrea: Mmmm - southwest food is so delish!...
- Juliann: Yum!My mouth is watering. Plus, I didn't know ...
- Shanna: Agreed. People are so oblivious and wrapped up in...
- northierthanthou: It's funny, but I see some of the same things liv...
- Hiking in Thailand: Our Hike with the Chiang Mai Hiking ClubThere and Back Again: [...] and foreign expats living in Chiang Mai exci...