Not to be Missed Dishes on the Island of Majorca As you’d expect from an island that’s heavily geared towards tourism, Majorca is home to a wealth of bars, cafes, and restaurants. You can find practically every national cuisine available when visiting this Canary Island, but it would be a definite shame to spend some time here, and miss […]
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
City breaks provide opportunities for both relaxation and stimulation, but now that we all travel more, the most obvious locations can lose their appeal – make the most of your cheap travel insurance by looking around before you decide on your destination. Bologna (Italy) Italy has an embarrassment of riches, but you can avoid the […]
Are you an avid wine connoisseur? Have you always imagined planning a vacation to the intriguing Italian wine country? If so, you should stop hesitating and book your vacation today! As you’ve probably heard, there’s no time like the present! Tuscany produces an astounding number of top-notch wines, which can make it difficult to decide […]
I am very proud of my “hole in the wall” radar, that finely honed sense that sets alarm bells blaring in my head when we run across one of those great, off the beaten path sorts of places. You know which ones I am talking about – those places that have been there forever and are […]Pin It
Those of you who’d really want to relax on their next holiday, but have no clue where and when, you’d better opt for something far from ordinary this time. To combine sunny days, stunning beaches, lush surroundings and endless loosening, why not go on a cruise to a destination where pristine nature prevails, such as […]
I have always thought about renting an apartment during our travels, but we have generally ended up staying in hotels because of cost and convenience. This time was different. Because of the baby, I knew that it would be easier to have accommodations with two separate rooms (so that we didn’t have to spend nap […]Pin It
Consistently rating highly on ski destination hot lists, the leading Austrian resort of Sankt Anton am Arlberg can be found at an altitude of 4,200 feet, high in the Tyrolean Alps. Dramatic landscapes, crisp mountain air and chocolate box buildings undoubtedly contribute to its allure, but it is the generous mix of beginner, intermediate and […]
Different. Not better or worse, but definitely different. We trudged from the airport weighted down with all of our bags, the baby in his pouch on my chest because the stroller was being used to portage our caravan of accouterments, extra suitcases of baby food and other supplies and a car seat. Instead of being […]Pin It
Greece is popular place for sun worshiping beach lovers, but it has a double identity..thanks to the mild climate and fertile soil, this sun drenched country has amazing local produce which also make it an off the beaten path, culinary adventure waiting to be experienced. Let’s start our mouth watering, culinary tour of the best restaurants […]Pin It
You’ve probably read or heard about Cape Verde and how it’s an absolute must-visit travel destination and one of those rare remaining tranquil natural beauties left in the world. After seeing or hearing the raves about the country, which is actually an island, you’ll no doubt be searching online to find out how much getting to […]
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- One of the Best Hole In the Wall Restaurants in St Louis!
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semarang Indonesia June 11, 2016
- MSP Airport Tips and Secrets for those passing through for TBEX May 23, 2016
- Iconic Landmarks and Endless Possibilities: Experience Joie de Vivre in France February 9, 2016
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: A Cheap Day Trip January 28, 2016
- Our Iceland Road Trip Tour Wishlist: Getting on and off the beaten path October 28, 2015
- April Yap: The last time when we traveled with my classmates,...
- Emily Johnson: Hi Shanna..thanks for posting all the links of art...
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semarang Indonesia - There and Back Again: […] Temple is a Unesco World Heritage site b...
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semrang Indonesia - There and Back Again: […] Islands: If you are looking for a laid...
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semrang Indonesia - There and Back Again: […] truly adventurous, trekking on the Dieng...