These five travel destinations hold a special place in my heart! What are your favorite places to travel? Carcasonne, France: This medieval, Carcasonne’s impressive 3 kilometers of defensive walls and its castle have stood solidly protecting the medieval city since the 3rd century. A visit to this fairy tale kingdom will make you feel like […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
We used to do busy trips. You know exactly the kind that I am talking about. When there is just so much that you HAVE to see, and so little time to see it in that you cram your schedule full from morning until night so that you don’t feel like anything was left out. […]Pin It
France is whispering in my ear. “Come, Mon Cherie, visit me please? It has been too long since you enjoyed my fine wines, luscious foods and excellent pastries“. Really, I am spoiled. It has been too long. It has been two years since our last international adventure. Pregnancy, then baby took its toll on my […]Pin It
When I visited East London last November, one of the recommendations that popped up time after time were the London markets located in the East End. I went to several of them over the weekend (some are exclusively either on Saturdays or Sundays), and far and away, the prettiest market I visited was the Columbia […]Pin It
A sunny Tuesday morning my husband and I decided to cross the border to Tijuana, Baja California. Our car was left at one of the parking lots in San Diego and a short bus ride took us to the center of town. The walk between the Centro and the Zona Rio is less than a […]Pin It
If Australia is on your bucket list then you are definitely not alone. Every year over 6 million people visit Australia to take in its natural wonders and explore its undeniable beauty. Before we discuss the best things to do in Australia, it is important to address some of the questions which create silly Australian […]Pin It
I humbly and kindly ask for you assistance. Please. With fresh whipped cream and organic strawberries on top? Dear Reader (I hope that you don’t mind me addressing you in such familiar terms), this is my dilemma. I love my blog. More specifically, I love to travel and I love to share my adventures with […]Pin It
I have been forever changed. I might not be able to eat citrus fruit from the grocery store at home in Minnesota ever again. I was truly not prepared for the sudden explosion of flavor in my mouth. I had no idea what to anticipate. The only recent flavor reference that I had for citrus […]Pin It
A modern city with deep roots, Singapore really does have something of interest for everyone! Nature, shopping, kids activities, amazing adventures…take your pick! Here are some suggestions to get you started. Shopping: Orchard Road started its incarnation as a center for shopping activity in Singapore in 1903. Now one of the cities main shopping and […]Pin It
Yellow Dog Eats was a welcome respite after driving past miles upon miles of generic, tasteless tourist traps. I had yet to see a restaurant in the Orlando area that really looked like it has something worthwhile to eat. The restaurant is built in a 100 year old general store. It was out in the […]Pin It
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
- What to Do in Minneapolis With Kids: Play with Legos at Brickmania!
- Things to do in Chicago: Stones From All Over The World
- Things to do in St Paul: A Blast From the Past-Lynden’s Soda Fountain
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Top Alternative Cities You May Not Have Considered March 30, 2015
- Top Five Wine Tasting Regions in Tuscany January 29, 2015
- The One That Got Away – When Off the Beaten Path Restaurant Plans Go Wrong November 28, 2014
- Your Exotic Cruise to Seychelles October 16, 2014
- Budget Travel Tips: Why you HAVE to rent an apartment or house for your next escape! September 27, 2014
- Where to Eat in Santa Fe | Venere Travel Blog: […] in Santa Fe. So pack your bags and some ...
- The One That Got Away - When Off the Beaten Path Restaurants Plans Go Wrong - There and Back Again: […] am very proud of my “hole in the w...
- Feasting in Santa Fe | Advise-Trip.com: […] Santa Fe. So container your bags and som...
- Joe Louis meets the Karen tribe: Backpacking Bear: […] “The heavy neck rings don’t actu...
- Shanna: Yup, its all about the pace! Being forced to go s...