I found the sincerity of the offerings that we saw being made at the temples that we visited around Thailand to be refreshing. It was clearly evident that the majority of the people who were there to worship at the temple in Thailand felt a deep connected to their faith. They had taken time out […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
Travel in Focus is a monthly feature highlighting the best travel tips and suggestions for a particular place from around the web. Check out the internet’s best travel writing about Paris to help you plan your trip! Paris Focused Blogs Hip Paris Blog: Tips and insights about touring, renting and living in Paris Girls Guide […]Pin It
Most of the time, I hear people talking about going into “culture shock” when they arrive in a foreign country. For me, when I left France, the culture shock that I experienced was the shock of returning to the United States. There are so many things here now that never really irritated me before, but […]Pin It
Normally the words “Norway” and “budget” don’t play very well together. Norway is well known to be on the the most expensive countries in the world. With a little leg work, we spent an entire day in Alesund, Norway on our cruise this summer without spending a dime! We were very excited to take our […]Pin It
Vintage Road Trip Photo from California in the 1960’s Source: thereandbackagaintravel.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest A Road Trip in Australia: Source: off-the-path.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Interesting Car on A Road Trip in Argentina Source: 2backpackers.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest […]Pin It
Ah, the beautiful coast line of the south of France on the Mediterranean ocean! Perpetually blue water that looks to good to be true, kissing endless miles of beautiful beaches and dramatic coastline. This looks even more inviting now than it did when I was visiting France in July (the cold weather is just setting in here […]Pin It
I left on my trip to Provence with the idea in my mind of seeing the lavender fields in bloom. While I am not sure if I fully realized that particular goal, I gathered so much joy from this trip that I am not sure if I have the right words to summarize it. Let […]Pin It
Holland America’s “An Evening at Le Cirque” is inspired by the famed Le Cirque Restaurant in New York City, a culinary institution well known for innovative menus featuring surprising, well prepared cuisine. One night each cruise, the Pinnacle Grill is transformed with fanciful plates and table decorations which help set the mood for the meal. […]Pin It
Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna, Costa Rica Source: trans-americas.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Purnululu National Park (the Bungle Bungles) Source: findingtheuniverse.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Wicklow Mountains National Park, Ireland Source: inspiringtravellers.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Wrangell-St. Elias National […]Pin It
The giant bells fascinated me at this temple in Thailand. What a beautiful way to announce your prayers! We saw bells like these at a number of different Buddhist temples around the country. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly how these are used in Buddhist practice? Pin ItPin It
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- One of the Best Hole In the Wall Restaurants in St Louis!
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semarang Indonesia June 11, 2016
- MSP Airport Tips and Secrets for those passing through for TBEX May 23, 2016
- Iconic Landmarks and Endless Possibilities: Experience Joie de Vivre in France February 9, 2016
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: A Cheap Day Trip January 28, 2016
- Our Iceland Road Trip Tour Wishlist: Getting on and off the beaten path October 28, 2015
- April Yap: The last time when we traveled with my classmates,...
- Emily Johnson: Hi Shanna..thanks for posting all the links of art...
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semarang Indonesia - There and Back Again: […] Temple is a Unesco World Heritage site b...
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semrang Indonesia - There and Back Again: […] Islands: If you are looking for a laid...
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semrang Indonesia - There and Back Again: […] truly adventurous, trekking on the Dieng...