Most of the time, I hear people talking about going into “culture shock” when they arrive in a foreign country. For me, when I left France, the culture shock that I experienced was the shock of returning to the United States. There are so many things here now that never really irritated me before, but […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
Normally the words “Norway” and “budget” don’t play very well together. Norway is well known to be on the the most expensive countries in the world. With a little leg work, we spent an entire day in Alesund, Norway on our cruise this summer without spending a dime! We were very excited to take our […]Pin It
Vintage Road Trip Photo from California in the 1960’s Source: thereandbackagaintravel.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest A Road Trip in Australia: Source: off-the-path.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Interesting Car on A Road Trip in Argentina Source: 2backpackers.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest […]Pin It
Ah, the beautiful coast line of the south of France on the Mediterranean ocean! Perpetually blue water that looks to good to be true, kissing endless miles of beautiful beaches and dramatic coastline. This looks even more inviting now than it did when I was visiting France in July (the cold weather is just setting in here […]Pin It
I left on my trip to Provence with the idea in my mind of seeing the lavender fields in bloom. While I am not sure if I fully realized that particular goal, I gathered so much joy from this trip that I am not sure if I have the right words to summarize it. Let […]Pin It
Holland America’s “An Evening at Le Cirque” is inspired by the famed Le Cirque Restaurant in New York City, a culinary institution well known for innovative menus featuring surprising, well prepared cuisine. One night each cruise, the Pinnacle Grill is transformed with fanciful plates and table decorations which help set the mood for the meal. […]Pin It
Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna, Costa Rica Source: trans-americas.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Purnululu National Park (the Bungle Bungles) Source: findingtheuniverse.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Wicklow Mountains National Park, Ireland Source: inspiringtravellers.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Wrangell-St. Elias National […]Pin It
The giant bells fascinated me at this temple in Thailand. What a beautiful way to announce your prayers! We saw bells like these at a number of different Buddhist temples around the country. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly how these are used in Buddhist practice? Pin ItPin It
If you want to experience the full scope of Holland America’s outstanding culinary offerings, you need to make space in your cruise for an evening out in the Pinnacle Grill. The Pinnacle Grill is Holland America Line’s take on classic, fine dining. Prime cuts of beef, succulent fish and chops are served with graceful, attentive […]Pin It
“First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade […]Pin It
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- One of the Best Hole In the Wall Restaurants in St Louis!
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Iconic Landmarks and Endless Possibilities: Experience Joie de Vivre in France February 9, 2016
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: A Cheap Day Trip January 28, 2016
- Our Iceland Road Trip Tour Wishlist: Getting on and off the beaten path October 28, 2015
- Travel Inspiration: Seeing Your Home Country with a Whole New Perspective October 11, 2015
- California Travel Guide July 17, 2015
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Sign me up for a visit to the market and some loca...
- Claudia: Hats off to you for being able to do that. My cous...
- Corey Hamilton: Interesting article Shanna! I am planning a trip b...
- Things to do in Nice France on a Budget - There and Back Again: […] are many cities that are easy to access ...
- United Yacht: This is a goal for my hubby and 2 kids. We want to...