If you are near Nimes in the South of France, a visit to the Pont du Gard Aqueduct is a must! The Romans really knew how to built things that would last, as this is one of the best preserved Roman aqueducts in existence. The Pont du Gard Aqueduct makes an ideal day trip from […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
We have been having a great time on our Holland America cruise checking out the sights of Norway this last week! Here are come great reasons to book Holland America for your next cruise getaway: 1) Mind blowing itineraries: Holland America shops visit dozens of countries across six continents. Have you always wanted to visit […]Pin It
If you ever have the opportunity to attend the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, you should. This is one of those “once in a lifetime” things that is worth a splurge (and if it is an options, do spend the extra money for the good tickets with a straight on view of the castle!) The event plays out in front […]Pin It
The Holland America Eurodam is a lovely ship. Her maiden voyage was in 2004, and she is the newest cruise ship that we have been on. The Eurodam is one of the largest ships in Holland America’s fleet (she is nicely sized to accommodate 2,104 passengers and is 936 feet long) , but by cruise ship standards, she really a […]Pin It
This Daytona Beach photo was taken by my father in law on a trip with some friends in the 1960′s. Check out those swimsuits and the cool cars in the background! Pin ItPin It
If one is not careful, Amsterdam can quickly turn into one of those “been there, done that” sort of places. I know that many of you, like me, have traipsed around Amsterdam’s beautiful canals for a day or two while en route to elsewhere and have hit all of the normal tourist haunts. If you […]Pin It
Image of Morocco: The Sunset from the top of the old Casbah in Agadir, Morocco Pin ItPin It
Standby travel is definitely a great benefit, but it comes at the price of some challenging, nerve wracking, nail biting days spent in the airport, wondering when you will get home. Today started with a 5:00am taxi ride to the Porto airport. The Ryanair flight to Madrid proceeded without incident (except for a minor delay, which in […]Pin It
Considering booking a cruise on Holland America? Check out some of the highlights of my recent Holland America Cruise: High quality food, and way too much of it. Nearly every dish that we have eaten has been well seasoned, elegantly presented and an appropriate temperature (even in the buffet!) Dining on the ship has been a real culinary […]
Midwest Images- A Sunset seen while driving somewhere in the Midwest Plains. Pin ItPin It
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Markets of The World: Local Farmers Markets in Orlando Florida February 20, 2014
- Things to do in Singapore – Shopping, Turtles, Temples and Tea February 14, 2014
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: Foodie Heaven Found in Orlando Suburb February 6, 2014
- Blogging Tips – Goals for 2014 January 30, 2014
- Things to do in Kissimmee Florida – Our Encounter With A Swamp Monster January 27, 2014
- Jennifer: I love dumplings! Markets are great for trying new...
- Franca: I love markets especially when they are food and l...
- Franca: No veggie food for me :( Is it difficult to find v...
- Shanna: Our whirlwind tour of London did not include nearl...
- Leslee Haralson: I haven't been to Singapore yet, but it's on my ...