The abundance of rain that falls on the Highlands of Scotland does have a upside. Lots and lots of rainbows. This photo was taken while we were driving around the Highlands near Fort William. The clouds parted and the sun came out for just long enough for us to snap this photo. If you have […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
*** These posts are a a little more journal/stream of consciousness oriented, giving you a candid look into the ups and downs of being a new blogger. I hope that these posts will be helpful to you on your blogging journey. Shanna *** Twice in the same week. I am not sure if I am […]Pin It
Be sure to check out my other great posts about planning your trip to the Tucson Gem Show here! The Tucson Gem and Mineral Show is actually a collection of individual shows located all over the city. In general, the main categories of items that you can find at the Tucson Gem Show include rough […]Pin It
The travel angels that watch over us work their magic in mysterious ways. One moment, we were preparing for our 7 day Holland America adventure to Norway. The next moment we were ecstatically repacking our bags for a mind blowing 19 day adventure all over northern Europe! An opportunity was presented to us that […]Pin It
Sainte Chapelle is a must see on any trip to Paris. It was built in 1239 by Louis IX to house ancient Christian relics, including the crown of thorns (which was subsequently moved to Notre Dame Cathedral after its completion in 1345). Sainte Chapelle in Paris is one of those rare places that really does look […]Pin It
We will be going to Norway in less than a week! To get you in the spirit for all of the great writing that I am going to do while I am there, check out these travel blogs with the skinny about going to Norway: from Bohemian Trails Delicious Foods From Norway Neighborhood Guide to Oslo […]Pin It
Ah, the ubiquitous red telephone booth. It is such a well known symbol of all that is Brittish. You never have to worry about being far from a phone in the UK. You can be well connected even out here, on the western edge of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands on the Isle of Skye, where we […]Pin It
It is a good thing that I don’t believe everything that I read on the internet. If I did, I might think that the Holland America cruise that we are departing on in a couple weeks might not be a good fit for a couple like us in their 30′s. If you have been looking […]Pin It
When we left France and headed to Porto, Portugal we were looking forward to some relaxed days of sightseeing in Porto and tasting some great port wine. What we were definitely not expecting was the opportunity to stay in a hotel that would truly become one of the highlights of our time in Portugal. Walking into the […]Pin It
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings The opportunity to make an unexpected turn and find oneself somewhere magnificent and completely unanticipated is one […]Pin It
Looking for Something?
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Things to Do in Santa Fe: The Most Fun I Have Ever Had on Four Legs November 6, 2013
- The Frito Pie: A Santa Fe Food Experience November 3, 2013
- Things to do in Santa Fe: Ancient Cliff Dwellings in Bandelier National Monument June 27, 2013
- Travel and World Peace: How Traveling the World has Changed My Perspective June 25, 2013
- Things to do in Santa Fe: A Secret City in the Mountains June 20, 2013
- Travel News Round-Up: Show Off Where You Roam 11/28/2013 — 12/5/2013 | bigcity.littleindiana.com: […] Food around the World: Foods to Travel t...
- Joe @ Cosmic Smudge: We're going to layover for a couple days in Tokoy...
- Shanna: Nope, never ridden a donkey in the desert :-) Sou...
- Sherry: I love riding horseback. It takes the load off of ...
- Shanna: Would love to stop by and say hi! I will let you ...