I left on my trip to Provence with the idea in my mind of seeing the lavender fields in bloom. While I am not sure if I fully realized that particular goal, I gathered so much joy from this trip that I am not sure if I have the right words to summarize it. Let […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
Holland America’s “An Evening at Le Cirque” is inspired by the famed Le Cirque Restaurant in New York City, a culinary institution well known for innovative menus featuring surprising, well prepared cuisine. One night each cruise, the Pinnacle Grill is transformed with fanciful plates and table decorations which help set the mood for the meal. […]Pin It
Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna, Costa Rica Source: trans-americas.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Purnululu National Park (the Bungle Bungles) Source: findingtheuniverse.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Wicklow Mountains National Park, Ireland Source: inspiringtravellers.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Wrangell-St. Elias National […]Pin It
The giant bells fascinated me at this temple in Thailand. What a beautiful way to announce your prayers! We saw bells like these at a number of different Buddhist temples around the country. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly how these are used in Buddhist practice? Pin ItPin It
If you want to experience the full scope of Holland America’s outstanding culinary offerings, you need to make space in your cruise for an evening out in the Pinnacle Grill. The Pinnacle Grill is Holland America Line’s take on classic, fine dining. Prime cuts of beef, succulent fish and chops are served with graceful, attentive […]Pin It
“First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade […]Pin It
Daytona Beach, Florida Source: thereandbackagaintravel.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Utah Beach. Normandy, France Source: thereandbackagaintravel.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Beaches at Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia Source: inspiringtravellers.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Koh Lanta, Thailand Source: ytravelblog.com via […]Pin It
The perfect end to a perfect day in the South of France ! This was snapped as we were leaving Millau, France after visiting the Millau Viaduct and the Tarn Gorge. Pin ItPin It
Depending on which stunning Holland America ship you are on, you will have a plethora of dining options at your disposal. Here is a breakdown on the amazing culinary options that you may have available to you on your Holland America Cruise!: Tamarind: Available on Holland America’s Signature class ships, the Tamarind was by far […]Pin It
Pin ItPin It
- One of the Best Hole In the Wall Restaurants in St Louis!
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
- What to Do in Minneapolis With Kids: Play with Legos at Brickmania!
- Things to do in Chicago: Stones From All Over The World
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- California Travel Guide July 17, 2015
- The Most Beautiful Casinos in Europe May 20, 2015
- Things to do in Nice France on a Budget May 18, 2015
- Things to do in Nice France: Easy Daytrips May 5, 2015
- Sampling Majorca’s Cuisine April 28, 2015
- Jude: I live in Melbourne and if you can, you must come ...
- Jeremy Scott Foster: This is great! I'll be keeping this on hand for w...
- Sofia: I totally agree with you! No more hotels for me a...
- Claudia: Four hours in Washington. That is what I call flas...
- Claudia: I really like fish and chips, but it is kind of ha...