Ah, the beautiful coast line of the south of France on the Mediterranean ocean! Perpetually blue water that looks to good to be true, kissing endless miles of beautiful beaches and dramatic coastline. This looks even more inviting now than it did when I was visiting France in July (the cold weather is just setting in here […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
I left on my trip to Provence with the idea in my mind of seeing the lavender fields in bloom. While I am not sure if I fully realized that particular goal, I gathered so much joy from this trip that I am not sure if I have the right words to summarize it. Let […]Pin It
Holland America’s “An Evening at Le Cirque” is inspired by the famed Le Cirque Restaurant in New York City, a culinary institution well known for innovative menus featuring surprising, well prepared cuisine. One night each cruise, the Pinnacle Grill is transformed with fanciful plates and table decorations which help set the mood for the meal. […]Pin It
The giant bells fascinated me at this temple in Thailand. What a beautiful way to announce your prayers! We saw bells like these at a number of different Buddhist temples around the country. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly how these are used in Buddhist practice? Pin ItPin It
If you want to experience the full scope of Holland America’s outstanding culinary offerings, you need to make space in your cruise for an evening out in the Pinnacle Grill. The Pinnacle Grill is Holland America Line’s take on classic, fine dining. Prime cuts of beef, succulent fish and chops are served with graceful, attentive […]Pin It
“First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade […]Pin It
The perfect end to a perfect day in the South of France ! This was snapped as we were leaving Millau, France after visiting the Millau Viaduct and the Tarn Gorge. Pin ItPin It
Depending on which stunning Holland America ship you are on, you will have a plethora of dining options at your disposal. Here is a breakdown on the amazing culinary options that you may have available to you on your Holland America Cruise!: Tamarind: Available on Holland America’s Signature class ships, the Tamarind was by far […]Pin It
Here are some memorable pictures of France from Bastille Day in Carcassonne. If you are looking for more pictures of France as well as information for planning your own trip to Carcassonne for Bastille Day, check out these other informative pieces: Planning your Trip to Carcassonne for Bastille Day in France Bastille Day in France: […]Pin It
I awoke in Carcassonne France a little rough around the edges this morning surrounded by mostly naked men. Bastille Day in France had treated my very well. I enjoyed it sitting along the edge of the river in Carcassonne France picnicking and drinking a little too much French wine while waiting for the spectacular fireworks show that was […]Pin It
Please Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- Day Trips while Traveling in Semarang Indonesia June 11, 2016
- MSP Airport Tips and Secrets for those passing through for TBEX May 23, 2016
- Iconic Landmarks and Endless Possibilities: Experience Joie de Vivre in France February 9, 2016
- Visiting the Long Neck Karen tribe in Thailand or not?: […] Reverse Culture Shock: 8 Things that are...
- The Edinburgh Military Tattoo: An Event to Remember: […] Where to Buy Good Whisky in London and E...
- Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop About Going to Norway: […] The Fish Market in Bergen Norway […...
- Best Pubs for Irish Whiskey in Dublin: […] What to do in Dublin: Johnny Fox’s...
- 19 Days on the Holland America Eurodam!: […] What to do in Stockholm Sweden with Only...