The travel angels that watch over us work their magic in mysterious ways. One moment, we were preparing for our 7 day Holland America adventure to Norway. The next moment we were ecstatically repacking our bags for a mind blowing 19 day adventure all over northern Europe! An opportunity was presented to us that [...]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
Sainte Chapelle is a must see on any trip to Paris. It was built in 1239 by Louis IX to house ancient Christian relics, including the crown of thorns (which was subsequently moved to Notre Dame Cathedral after its completion in 1345). Sainte Chapelle in Paris is one of those rare places that really does look [...]Pin It
We will be going to Norway in less than a week! To get you in the spirit for all of the great writing that I am going to do while I am there, check out these travel blogs with the skinny about going to Norway: from Bohemian Trails Delicious Foods From Norway Neighborhood Guide to Oslo [...]Pin It
Ah, the ubiquitous red telephone booth. It is such a well known symbol of all that is Brittish. You never have to worry about being far from a phone in the UK. You can be well connected even out here, on the western edge of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands on the Isle of Skye, where we [...]Pin It
It is a good thing that I don’t believe everything that I read on the internet. If I did, I might think that the Holland America cruise that we are departing on in a couple weeks might not be a good fit for a couple like us in their 30′s. If you have been looking [...]Pin It
When we left France and headed to Porto, Portugal we were looking forward to some relaxed days of sightseeing in Porto and tasting some great port wine. What we were definitely not expecting was the opportunity to stay in a hotel that would truly become one of the highlights of our time in Portugal. Walking into the [...]Pin It
The extraordinary landscapes and crisp clean air of Wildschönau, in the Tyrol region of Austria, make it a super holiday destination in both summer and winter. This picture perfect area – Wildschönau means wild and beautiful valley – has more than 300km of walking paths that wind through flowery meadows, alpine pastures and towering woods. [...]
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings The opportunity to make an unexpected turn and find oneself somewhere magnificent and completely unanticipated is one [...]Pin It
I arrived back from France yesterday, and I am having real trouble today shifting back into normal reality. The real problem was that I was way too far gone, to far detached from my normal reality, but OH was it wonderful. I have experienced unpleasant side effects upon return from a trip. Jet lag, sometimes. [...]Pin It
A moving picture of the flag at the USS Arizona Memorial commemorating the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The Japanese made a surprise attack on the US Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii in the early morning hours of December 7, 1941. This marked the beginning of the US involvement in World War II. Though [...]Pin It
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in Paris November 23, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico May 15, 2013
- Travel Off the Beaten Path: 6 Tips for Finding Authentic, Local Food April 17, 2013
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award April 15, 2013
- Hello, Again Mr. Gustave Eiffel April 10, 2013
- The Edinburgh Military Tattoo: A MUST Add to Your Edinburgh Itinerary April 3, 2013
- Shanna: Thanks! 9 months seemed like such a long time awa...
- Shanna: I do confess to preferring sit down breakfast to t...
- Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk: These seem like some really interesting places to ...
- Kim: We always skip the buffet and go for the sit down ...
- Andrea: Mmmm - southwest food is so delish!...