Edinburgh, Scotland: Source: dtravelsround.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Prague, Czech Republic: Source: thereandbackagaintravel.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Carcassonne, France: Source: qatariadventures.blogspot.com via There and Back Again Travel Blog: on Pinterest Seoul, South Korea: Source: straightfromthecurls.com via There and Back Again Travel […]Pin It
About ShannaShanna is a travel professional in the airline and hotel industries. She lives in Lonsdale, MN and there enjoys cooking and gardening. Her favorite places to travel are Scotland and France. Shanna writes about travel in the Midwestern part of the United States at her blog A Midwest Travel Companion More About Shanna Google
Author Archive | Shanna
A cruise is the BEST way to see Norway! Being on the water gives you a completely different perspective of the grandeur of the Fjords in Norway. This photo was taken from the front of the Holland America Eurodam as we were leaving Geiranger Fjord. The weather had been cloudy all day, and the sun […]Pin It
It was hot today. Sweating, clothes soaked, really need a shower hot. We got our first real dose of south of France sunshine. For obvious reasons, the first city that people think of when they think of Romans is Rome, but the Romans were conquerors and they left their mark all over Europe. The south […]Pin It
Our day started out as so many days in France seem to; eating pastries at the boulangerie for breakfast before embarking on our adventure. What is it that makes the bread and pastries in France so much better than anywhere else that I have ever visited? Some magic possessed by French bakers that has been […]Pin It
If you are near Nimes in the South of France, a visit to the Pont du Gard Aqueduct is a must! The Romans really knew how to built things that would last, as this is one of the best preserved Roman aqueducts in existence. The Pont du Gard Aqueduct makes an ideal day trip from […]Pin It
We have been having a great time on our Holland America cruise checking out the sights of Norway this last week! Here are come great reasons to book Holland America for your next cruise getaway: 1) Mind blowing itineraries: Holland America shops visit dozens of countries across six continents. Have you always wanted to visit […]Pin It
If you ever have the opportunity to attend the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, you should. This is one of those “once in a lifetime” things that is worth a splurge (and if it is an options, do spend the extra money for the good tickets with a straight on view of the castle!) The event plays out in front […]Pin It
The Holland America Eurodam is a lovely ship. Her maiden voyage was in 2004, and she is the newest cruise ship that we have been on. The Eurodam is one of the largest ships in Holland America’s fleet (she is nicely sized to accommodate 2,104 passengers and is 936 feet long) , but by cruise ship standards, she really a […]Pin It
This Daytona Beach photo was taken by my father in law on a trip with some friends in the 1960′s. Check out those swimsuits and the cool cars in the background! Pin ItPin It
If one is not careful, Amsterdam can quickly turn into one of those “been there, done that” sort of places. I know that many of you, like me, have traipsed around Amsterdam’s beautiful canals for a day or two while en route to elsewhere and have hit all of the normal tourist haunts. If you […]Pin It
Looking for Something?
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- The Pros and Cons of Free Walking Tours December 10, 2011
- Markets of the World: Columbia Road Flower Market in London April 15, 2014
- Markets of the World: Mercado Hidalgo, Tijuana Mexico April 2, 2014
- A Guide to the Best Things to do in Australia – What You Need to Know Before Travelling March 28, 2014
- I Need YOUR Help! March 26, 2014
- Markets of The World: Local Farmers Markets in Orlando Florida February 20, 2014
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: This is such a helpful post for those planning a t...
- Shanna: I love picking locals brains about great, little k...
- Shanna: MMMMMM, cheesecakes...mouth watering......
- Shanna: Thanks! That is part of the reason that I started...
- Shanna: The local food is one of my favorite reasons to tr...