Looking for an off the beaten path activity in Chiang Mai? A chance to connect with the local community and see something that might generally be off the tourist radar? You should check out the Chiang Mai Hiking Club! On the day we visited, there was a solid group of about 40 local Thais and […]
Archive | January, 2012
Before our trip to Thailand, I had no idea what galangal was, what to do with the lemongrass that I have been growing in my garden for years or what the difference was between Thai Basil and Holy Basil (nor did I know the wonder of life that is fresh coconut milk). Thai food uses […]
I was thoroughly confused. I had been doing my due diligence on the internet with regards to street food in Thailand and have come to no conclusive stance one way or there other as to whether eating it posed a threat to out lives or not. I had heard and read many different opinions about whether eating […]
I felt trepidation about our upcoming tour stop at a hill tribe village. After seeing iconic photos of the Karen ” Long Neck ” hill tribe women in National Geographic and other publications over the years, my husband wanted to see for himself these women who have made such a unique lifestyle choice.The whole thing […]
Be sure to check out my other great posts about planning your trip to the Tucson Gem Show here! There are a few items that I have found it helpful to pack when coming to Tucson for the Tucson Gem Show that one might not think of in the normal list of things that one […]
We are on a gradual descent back into normal reality. We are on the flight from Tokyo to Los Angeles, turning the clock backwards 12 hours and crossing the date line, so we will be arriving the day before we left (I love the time warp that happens traveling back from Asia, and seeing the […]
Anyone who knows us well knows that we LOVE to cruise. We have been on a number of cruises recently, most recently a 16 day trans Atlantic last winter that was one of my all time favorite vacations. Stemming from the recent grounding of the Costa Concordia off the coast of Italy and the extremely sad and […]
I have mixed feelings about my time here in Chiang Mai. While we still had a good time, it was not really what I had expected. I am not honestly sure what I had expected, but I feel somehow a little disappointed by this city. There are lots of great things to do in Chiang […]
I guess I feel a little let down by Chiang Mai Thailand. It is not Chiang Mai’s fault…my expectations of this northern Thai city had been bolstered by reading the many reports from other travel bloggers on the internet, and the short time that we had to spend there just didn’t leave enough time for […]
We normally try to avoid things like this, and in the past we have been successful. It all started very innocently. We booked a tour package that included a number of things…one of them being an elephant ride. It was nice to do the tourist thing for once and just pay someone to take us […]
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Cruise Review with Kids ...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Le Cirque [̷...
- My Favorite Spaces on the Holland America Eurodam: […] Holland America Dining: Tamarind [R...
- Absolutely Must Try Food in Santa Fe New Mexico: […] the store to pick up some antacids, whic...
- Alesund Norway on a Budget: How We Spent the Day Without Spending a DIME!: […] Norway Travel Blog Roundup: The Scoop ...