Looking for an off the beaten path activity in Chiang Mai? A chance to connect with the local community and see something that might generally be off the tourist radar? You should check out the Chiang Mai Hiking Club! On the day we visited, there was a solid group of about 40 local Thais and […]Pin It
Archive | January, 2012
Before our trip to Thailand, I had no idea what galangal was, what to do with the lemongrass that I have been growing in my garden for years or what the difference was between Thai Basil and Holy Basil (nor did I know the wonder of life that is fresh coconut milk). Thai food uses […]Pin It
I was thoroughly confused. I had been doing my due diligence on the internet with regards to street food in Thailand and have come to no conclusive stance one way or there other as to whether eating it posed a threat to out lives or not. I had heard and read many different opinions about whether eating […]Pin It
I felt trepidation about our upcoming tour stop at a hill tribe village. After seeing iconic photos of the Karen “Long Neck” hill tribe women in National Geographic and other publications over the years, my husband wanted to see for himself these women who have made such a unique lifestyle choice. The whole thing felt […]Pin It
Be sure to check out my other great posts about planning your trip to the Tucson Gem Show here! There are a few items that I have found it helpful to pack when coming to Tucson for the Tucson Gem Show that one might not think of in the normal list of things that one […]Pin It
We are on a gradual descent back into normal reality. We are on the flight from Tokyo to Los Angeles, turning the clock backwards 12 hours and crossing the date line, so we will be arriving the day before we left (I love the time warp that happens traveling back from Asia, and seeing the […]
Anyone who knows us well knows that we LOVE to cruise. We have been on a number of cruises recently, most recently a 16 day trans Atlantic last winter that was one of my all time favorite vacations. Stemming from the recent grounding of the Costa Concordia off the coast of Italy and the extremely sad and […]Pin It
I have mixed feelings about my time here in Chiang Mai. While we still had a good time, it was not really what I had expected. I am not honestly sure what I had expected, but I feel somehow a little disappointed by this city. The night market was fun, and Doi Suthep was amazing. […]Pin It
I guess I feel a little let down by Chiang Mai Thailand. It is not Chiang Mai’s fault…my expectations of this northern Thai city had been bolstered by reading the many reports from other travel bloggers on the internet, and the short time that we had to spend there just didn’t leave enough time for […]Pin It
We normally try to avoid things like this, and in the past we have been successful. It all started very innocently. We booked a tour package that included a number of things…one of them being an elephant ride. It was nice to do the tourist thing for once and just pay someone to take us […]Pin It
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Markets of The World: Local Farmers Markets in Orlando Florida February 20, 2014
- Things to do in Singapore – Shopping, Turtles, Temples and Tea February 14, 2014
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: Foodie Heaven Found in Orlando Suburb February 6, 2014
- Blogging Tips – Goals for 2014 January 30, 2014
- Things to do in Kissimmee Florida – Our Encounter With A Swamp Monster January 27, 2014
- Erica: Went to Lombardi's, but never made it to that che...
- Jennifer: I love dumplings! Markets are great for trying new...
- Franca: I love markets especially when they are food and l...
- Franca: No veggie food for me :( Is it difficult to find v...
- Shanna: Our whirlwind tour of London did not include nearl...