I am very proud of my “hole in the wall” radar, that finely honed sense that sets alarm bells blaring in my head when we run across one of those great, off the beaten path sorts of places. You know which ones I am talking about – those places that have been there forever and are […]Pin It
I have always thought about renting an apartment during our travels, but we have generally ended up staying in hotels because of cost and convenience. This time was different. Because of the baby, I knew that it would be easier to have accommodations with two separate rooms (so that we didn’t have to spend nap […]Pin It
Different. Not better or worse, but definitely different. We trudged from the airport weighted down with all of our bags, the baby in his pouch on my chest because the stroller was being used to portage our caravan of accouterments, extra suitcases of baby food and other supplies and a car seat. Instead of being […]Pin It
Greece is popular place for sun worshiping beach lovers, but it has a double identity..thanks to the mild climate and fertile soil, this sun drenched country has amazing local produce which also make it an off the beaten path, culinary adventure waiting to be experienced. Let’s start our mouth watering, culinary tour of the best restaurants […]Pin It
Travel in Focus is a monthly feature highlighting the best travel tips and suggestions for a particular place from around the web. Check out the internet’s best travel writing about Dublin to help you plan your trip! What to See in Dublin: A Magical Ride on Dublin’s Storytelling Bus from World Wide Writer Dublin, A Unesco […]Pin It
These five travel destinations hold a special place in my heart! What are your favorite places to travel? Carcasonne, France: This medieval, Carcasonne’s impressive 3 kilometers of defensive walls and its castle have stood solidly protecting the medieval city since the 3rd century. A visit to this fairy tale kingdom will make you feel like […]Pin It
We used to do busy trips. You know exactly the kind that I am talking about. When there is just so much that you HAVE to see, and so little time to see it in that you cram your schedule full from morning until night so that you don’t feel like anything was left out. […]Pin It
France is whispering in my ear. “Come, Mon Cherie, visit me please? It has been too long since you enjoyed my fine wines, luscious foods and excellent pastries“. Really, I am spoiled. It has been too long. It has been two years since our last international adventure. Pregnancy, then baby took its toll on my […]Pin It
When I visited East London last November, one of the recommendations that popped up time after time were the London markets located in the East End. I went to several of them over the weekend (some are exclusively either on Saturdays or Sundays), and far and away, the prettiest market I visited was the Columbia […]Pin It
A sunny Tuesday morning my husband and I decided to cross the border to Tijuana, Baja California. Our car was left at one of the parking lots in San Diego and a short bus ride took us to the center of town. The walk between the Centro and the Zona Rio is less than a […]Pin It
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
- What to Do in Minneapolis With Kids: Play with Legos at Brickmania!
- Things to do in Chicago: Stones From All Over The World
- Things to do in St Paul: A Blast From the Past-Lynden’s Soda Fountain
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- The One That Got Away – When Off the Beaten Path Restaurant Plans Go Wrong November 28, 2014
- Budget Travel Tips: Why you HAVE to rent an apartment or house for your next escape! September 27, 2014
- The Realities of Traveling with Baby September 20, 2014
- The Best Restaurants in Santorini and Crete: A Foodie’s Tour September 5, 2014
- Travel in Focus: Things to do in Dublin July 29, 2014
- Where to Eat in Santa Fe | Venere Travel Blog: […] in Santa Fe. So pack your bags and some ...
- The One That Got Away - When Off the Beaten Path Restaurants Plans Go Wrong - There and Back Again: […] am very proud of my “hole in the w...
- Feasting in Santa Fe | Advise-Trip.com: […] Santa Fe. So container your bags and som...
- Joe Louis meets the Karen tribe: Backpacking Bear: […] “The heavy neck rings don’t actu...
- Shanna: Yup, its all about the pace! Being forced to go s...