I am happy to welcome those of you coming to MSP for TBEX to my home turf! MSP is my home airport, and I am happy to share some tips for you for the time that you spend here in passing through (these tips are for those flying into Terminal 1…if you are flying on […]
Orlando can be an expensive destination! Theme park tickets, meals, hotels can all eat into your budget and make you feel like your pockets must have holes in them the the money is just falling out! If you are looking for a cheap, low key afternoon of escape from theme park induced madness, check out […]
Iceland has been on our travel bucket list for a long time. The other worldly looking landscapes and iconic photos of the indescribably beautiful waterfalls and other scenery that I see other travel buddies taking have stirred our pot of wanderlust more than once. Iceland is beautiful, but Iceland has always been one of those […]
Sorry, I am about to go off on a rant here. Bear with me while I roll out some travel inspiration and/or something to think about while you are here chez moi. Sometimes I think that it just isn’t fair. I have traveled all over the world and seen some great systems in place in other countries for taking […]Pin It
France can be expensive, but Nice can be a budget travel oasis in an otherwise expensive country for thirsty, cash strapped travelers. Here are some budget travel tidbits that I picked up while traveling in Nice France: Getting to Nice from the Airport: Most tourists fly into the international terminal at the nice airport. From here, […]Pin It
Nice is nice, don’t get me wrong. There are plenty of things to do in Nice to keep you busy for a while. If getting out of the city is your thing, though, or you would like a change of scenery, Nice is ideally situated for taking day trips. Easy connections by train (even more […]Pin It
I am very proud of my “hole in the wall” radar, that finely honed sense that sets alarm bells blaring in my head when we run across one of those great, off the beaten path sorts of places. You know which ones I am talking about – those places that have been there forever and are […]Pin It
I have always thought about renting an apartment during our travels, but we have generally ended up staying in hotels because of cost and convenience. This time was different. Because of the baby, I knew that it would be easier to have accommodations with two separate rooms (so that we didn’t have to spend nap […]Pin It
Different. Not better or worse, but definitely different. We trudged from the airport weighted down with all of our bags, the baby in his pouch on my chest because the stroller was being used to portage our caravan of accouterments, extra suitcases of baby food and other supplies and a car seat. Instead of being […]Pin It
Greece is popular place for sun worshiping beach lovers, but it has a double identity..thanks to the mild climate and fertile soil, this sun drenched country has amazing local produce which also make it an off the beaten path, culinary adventure waiting to be experienced. Let’s start our mouth watering, culinary tour of the best restaurants […]Pin It
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- One of the Best Hole In the Wall Restaurants in St Louis!
- An Off the Beaten Path Culinary Gem in Northfield Minnesota
- Hometown Hidden Gems: The Best Restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul
Looking for Something?
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- MSP Airport Tips and Secrets for those passing through for TBEX May 23, 2016
- Off the Beaten Path Orlando: A Cheap Day Trip January 28, 2016
- Our Iceland Road Trip Tour Wishlist: Getting on and off the beaten path October 28, 2015
- Travel Inspiration: Seeing Your Home Country with a Whole New Perspective October 11, 2015
- Things to do in Nice France on a Budget May 18, 2015
- Mary @ Green Global Travel: Sign me up for a visit to the market and some loca...
- Claudia: Hats off to you for being able to do that. My cous...
- Corey Hamilton: Interesting article Shanna! I am planning a trip b...
- Things to do in Nice France on a Budget - There and Back Again: […] are many cities that are easy to access ...
- United Yacht: This is a goal for my hubby and 2 kids. We want to...