We very much enjoyed out recent Caribbean cruise on the MS Nieuw Amsterdam (we have always enjoyed our Holland America cruise experiences.) As the review below will explain, we had a lovely, relaxed, laid back cruise experience with great days at the beach and in San Juan! Some background: On this cruise, we were a […]
I have been asked for advice about our experiences in traveling with children. The question has to do with the specific logistical challenges involved with traveling with children through the airport (I am going to write a separate post with tips for keeping kiddos happy on the airplane soon). Here is a round up of our hard won advice […]Pin It
Here are my personal recommendations for which Bloomington MN hotels are best for families. Every town has hotels that are great, and hotels which might look great, but that locals in the “know” know to stay away from. I have lived and/or worked in Bloomington MN for my whole life, so I know a few things about […]Pin It
A co worker asked me today, “So, who is watching your kids when you go on your cruise?” I replied that we were taking kids on cruise, and her immediate repsonse was, “Why? That isn’t going to be much of a vacation!” I was very confused about her response. I thought about it for a […]Pin It
We learned a lot about baby cruising on our recent Holland America cruise to the Caribbean! Here are our most important lessons: Avoid the buffet: This seems completely counter intuitive, I know. It seems like the buffet would be an ideal place to dine with little ones, expesically compared to a long, sit down breakfast […]
I am happy to welcome those of you coming to MSP for TBEX to my home turf! MSP is my home airport, and I am happy to share some tips for you for the time that you spend here in passing through (these tips are for those flying into Terminal 1…if you are flying on […]
Orlando can be an expensive destination! Theme park tickets, meals, hotels can all eat into your budget and make you feel like your pockets must have holes in them the the money is just falling out! If you are looking for a cheap, low key afternoon of escape from theme park induced madness (or looking […]
Iceland has been on our travel bucket list for a long time. The other worldly looking landscapes and iconic photos of the indescribably beautiful waterfalls and other scenery that I see other travel buddies taking have stirred our pot of wanderlust more than once. Iceland is beautiful, but Iceland has always been one of those […]
Sorry, I am about to go off on a rant here. Bear with me while I roll out some travel inspiration and/or something to think about while you are here chez moi. Sometimes I think that it just isn’t fair. I have traveled all over the world and seen some great systems in place in other countries for taking […]Pin It
France can be expensive, but Nice can be a budget travel oasis in an otherwise expensive country for thirsty, cash strapped travelers. There are a lot of great things to do in Nice France even if your budget is a little slim! Here are some budget travel tidbits that I picked up while traveling in Nice […]Pin It
Nice is nice, don’t get me wrong. There are plenty of things to do in Nice to keep you busy for a while. If getting out of the city is your thing, though, or you would like a change of scenery, Nice is ideally situated for taking day trips. Easy connections by train (even more […]Pin It
I am very proud of my “hole in the wall” radar, that finely honed sense that sets alarm bells blaring in my head when we run across one of those great, off the beaten path sorts of places. You know which ones I am talking about – those places that have been there forever and are […]Pin It
I am going to share with you one of our favorite budget travel tips that will change the way that you travel. I have always thought about renting an apartment during our travels, but we have generally ended up staying in hotels because of cost and convenience. This time was different. Because of the baby, […]Pin It
Different. Not better or worse, but traveling with baby is definitely different. We trudged from the airport weighted down with all of our bags, the baby in his pouch on my chest because the stroller was being used to portage our caravan of accouterments, extra suitcases of baby food and other supplies and a car […]Pin It
Greece is popular place for sun worshiping beach lovers, but it has a double identity..thanks to the mild climate and fertile soil, this sun drenched country has amazing local produce which also make it an off the beaten path, culinary adventure waiting to be experienced. Let’s start our mouth watering, culinary tour of the best restaurants […]Pin It
Travel in Focus is a monthly feature highlighting the best travel tips and suggestions for a particular place from around the web. Check out the internet’s best travel writing about Dublin to help you plan your trip! This month’s theme will help you find the best things to do in Dublin Ireland! Things to do […]Pin It
These five travel destinations hold a special place in my heart! What are your favorite places to travel? Carcasonne, France: This medieval, Carcasonne’s impressive 3 kilometers of defensive walls and its castle have stood solidly protecting the medieval city since the 3rd century. A visit to this fairy tale kingdom will make you feel like […]Pin It
We used to do busy trips. You know exactly the kind that I am talking about. When there is just so much that you HAVE to see, and so little time to see it in that you cram your schedule full from morning until night so that you don’t feel like anything was left out. […]Pin It
France is whispering in my ear. “Come, Mon Cherie, visit me please? It has been too long since you enjoyed my fine wines, luscious foods and excellent pastries“. Really, I am spoiled. It has been too long. It has been two years since our last international adventure. Pregnancy, then baby took its toll on my […]Pin It
When I visited East London last November, one of the recommendations that popped up time after time were the London markets located in the East End. I went to several of them over the weekend (some are exclusively either on Saturdays or Sundays), and far and away, the prettiest market in London that I visited […]Pin It
Looking for Something?
Help Support This Blog
- Exploring the Southern Minnesota Childrens Museum
- Our Crayola Experience at Mall Of America (with a 1 and 2.5 year old)
- One of the best Places to Visit in Minnesota for Savoring Gourmet Cheese
- The Best Restaurants in St Louis: Barbecue Coma Edition
- Things to do in St Louis: Getting Down (and up!) at the City Museum
- International Travel Tips: How NOT to be a Jerk in Another Country January 2, 2013
- Diary of a New Blogger: The First Couple Months May 26, 2012
- The Best Fish and Chips in Scotland May 30, 2012
- Travel In Focus: What to do in London March 6, 2013
- Food around the World: Foods to Travel to the Other Side of the World For February 11, 2013
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) January 14, 2017
- Traveling with Children: The Airport with Toddlers December 3, 2016
- The Best Bloomington MN Hotels for Families October 27, 2016
- Why We Are Taking Kids on Cruise July 21, 2016
- Baby Cruising: Tips for Cruising with a Baby and a Toddler July 14, 2016
- A Breakdown of Dining Options on Your Holland America Cruise: […] Main Dining Room: While the trend in m...
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) - There and Back Again: […] We ate all of our dinners in the main di...
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) - There and Back Again: […] Silk Den Bar: This cozy hideout of a b...
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) - There and Back Again: […] very much enjoyed out recent Caribbean c...
- Holland America MS Nieuw Amsterdam Review (with kids!) - There and Back Again: […] Tamarind Restaurant, an Asian fusion din...